* Bibtex and "et al"
@ 2006-10-11  2:27 Pepe Barbe
From: Pepe Barbe @ 2006-10-11  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am using the bib module using the AMS format. I've noticed that all
the publications that get appended "et al" to the authors, do not
include any space between the authors name and "et al". Example:

John Doeetal, Publication Title

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
Pepe

* Re: Bibtex and "et al"
@ 2006-10-11  6:54 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-10-11  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pepe Barbe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the bib module using the AMS format. I've noticed that all
> the publications that get appended "et al" to the authors, do not
> include any space between the authors name and "et al". Example:
>
> John Doeetal, Publication Title
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?

Shouldn't happen. What version do you use, and, if the latest, do you
have an minimal example file for me to test with?

Greetings,
Taco

* Re: Bibtex and "et al"
@ 2006-10-11  7:41 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2006-10-11  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are you running a recent version of the module? Taco's definition of
"authoretal" seems OK:

     \c!authoretaltext={ {\it et al.\/}},

so there's a space here. Also, it would help to have a minimal test
file.

Thomas

On Oct 11, 2006, at 4:27 AM, Pepe Barbe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the bib module using the AMS format. I've noticed that all
> the publications that get appended "et al" to the authors, do not
> include any space between the authors name and "et al". Example:
>
> John Doeetal, Publication Title
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
> Pepe

* Re: Bibtex and "et al"
@ 2006-10-12  0:51   ` Pepe Barbe
From: Pepe Barbe @ 2006-10-12  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/11/06, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> Pepe Barbe wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using the bib module using the AMS format. I've noticed that all
> > the publications that get appended "et al" to the authors, do not
> > include any space between the authors name and "et al". Example:
>
> Shouldn't happen. What version do you use, and, if the latest, do you
> have an minimal example file for me to test with?

I don't really know what version of the Bib module I have. I am using
the latest ConTeXt beta.

Attached you can find a BibTeX file and A ConTeXt file that generate
the problem I was describing.

Thanks,
Pepe

[-- Attachment #2: test.bib --]

%% This BibTeX bibliography file was created using BibDesk.
%% http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/

%% Created for Pepe at 2006-10-11 19:39:49 -0500

%% Saved with string encoding Unicode (UTF-8)

@article{test,
	Author = {First Author and Second Author and Third Author and Fourth Author and Fifth Author},
	Date-Added = {2006-10-11 19:37:47 -0500},
	Date-Modified = {2006-10-11 19:39:49 -0500},
	Journal = {Interesting Society},
	Title = {Extemely interesting work by five authors},
	Year = {2006}}

[-- Attachment #3: test.tex --]

* Re: Bibtex and "et al"
@ 2006-10-12  7:19     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-10-12  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Pepe,

Pepe Barbe wrote:

> I don't really know what version of the Bib module I have. I am using
> the latest ConTeXt beta.
>
> Attached you can find a BibTeX file and A ConTeXt file that generate
> the problem I was describing.

The space gets eaten away by a bug. That will be fixed in the next
release. Meanwhile, you can use this:

   \setuppublicationlist
    [authoretaltext={\ {\it et al.\/}},
     editoretaltext={\ {\it  et al.\/}},