* How to set \definemakeup without affect other pages?
@ 2009-04-18  4:21 Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-04-18  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users

Dear all,

I use \setupbackgrounds to draw a line under header. It works fine.
When I setup a cover makeup and use it, the lines under headers are gone.

The "headerstate=none" causes the problem. But I don't want the lines under headers
appear in cover. What should I do?

Here is an example.

%======================================
\setupbackgrounds
    [header][text]
    [frame=off,bottomframe=on,rulethickness=1.5pt]

\definemakeup[cover]
   [headerstate=none,
    footerstate=none,
    pagestate=stop,
    doublesided=yes]

\starttext

\startcovermakeup
\input knuth
\stopcovermakeup

\input knuth

\stoptext
%======================================

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei

* Re: How to set \definemakeup without affect other pages?
@ 2009-04-18  7:20 ` Wolfgang Schuster
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-18  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.04.2009 um 06:21 schrieb Wei-Wei Guo:

> Dear all,
>
> I use \setupbackgrounds to draw a line under header. It works fine.
> When I setup a cover makeup and use it, the lines under headers are
> gone.
>
> The "headerstate=none" causes the problem. But I don't want the
> lines under headers
> appear in cover. What should I do?

headerstate=high

Wolfgang

* Re: How to set \definemakeup without affect other pages?
@ 2009-04-18 16:04   ` Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-04-18 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster 写道:
>> I use \setupbackgrounds to draw a line under header. It works fine.
>> When I setup a cover makeup and use it, the lines under headers are gone.
>>
>> The "headerstate=none" causes the problem. But I don't want the lines
>> under headers
>> appear in cover. What should I do?
>
> headerstate=high
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks a lot. What does "high" mean? Do I need to set footerstate to "high" too?

@ 2009-04-19  0:00   ` Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster 写道:
>> The "headerstate=none" causes the problem. But I don't want the lines
>> under headers
>> appear in cover. What should I do?
>
> headerstate=high

I just noticed that "headerstate=high" had a side effect. The cover should be followed
by a blank page. With "high", the "blank page" has header now.

@ 2009-04-19  2:59   ` Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-04-19  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Schuster 写道:

> Am 18.04.2009 um 06:21 schrieb Wei-Wei Guo:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I use \setupbackgrounds to draw a line under header. It works fine.
>> When I setup a cover makeup and use it, the lines under headers are gone.
>>
>> The "headerstate=none" causes the problem. But I don't want the lines
>> under headers
>> appear in cover. What should I do?
>
> headerstate=high

Sorry for posting one by one. I just found that \definemakeup could make the whole
header disappear.

%=======================================
\setupheadertexts[]
\setupheadertexts[pagenumber][MyHeader][][]

\definemakeup[cover]
   [headerstate=high,
    footerstate=high,
    pagestate=stop,]

\starttext

\startcovermakeup

\midaligned{My Title}

\stopcovermakeup

\input knuth

\inleft{\ConTeXt }Other text\footnote{\LaTeX }.

\stoptext

Am I setting something wrong?

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei