Dear all, The book I am typesetting contains a very extensive and detailed index. The number of index items is probably around 1200, 16 pages. A fair number of them occur in more than one chapter. Like bibliography items, and for the sake of consistency, I have stored them in some auxiliary files and it is a matter of copy and paste to get them into the text in the proper place and way. (With always a risk of accidentally deleting or adding a spurious brace or bracket, with nasty results.) I wonder therefore whether it would be possible to handle them like bibliography items, by means of a key, and leave their expansion to ConTeXt. Would it be possible? And if it is not (yet) possible, how could I perhaps tackle it? Thanks for any advice. Best regards, Robert Blackstone