* Numbering enumerations in mkiv
@ 2013-07-22 13:28 Thomas Friedrich
From: Thomas Friedrich @ 2013-07-22 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

the mechanism for how to share the numbering of enumerations seems to
have changed from mkii to mkiv. I used the following code to typeset
theorems and lemmata in mkii. The typeset is very different when
complied with mkiv: In the following code, for example, the lemma is
missing its number, and there is an additional line break after each
theorem title.

~~~ snip ~~~
\setupcolors[state=start]

\setupframedtexts
    [width=\makeupwidth,
    frame=off,
    bottomframe=on,
    topframe=on,
    background=screen,
    backgroundscreen=.95]

\setupenumerations
    [title=yes,
    style=normal,
    list=all,
    before={\blank[big]},
    after={\blank[big]},
    location=serried,
    width=broad,
    distance=0.5em,
    headstyle=bold,
    titlestyle=bold,
    way=bychapter,
    conversion=numbers,
    before=\startframedtext,
    after=\stopframedtext]

\defineenumeration
    [theorem]
    [text=Theorem, listtext={Theorem }]

\defineenumeration
    [lemma]
    [text=Lemma, listtext={Lemma }, number=theorem]

\starttext
\theorem Something $a=bc$.

\theorem Something else.

\lemma And something.

\theorem And something else.

\stoptext
~~~ snip ~~~

How can I mimic the original typeset produced by 'texexec', so I can use mkiv?

Thank you a lot!

Thomas

* Re: Numbering enumerations in mkiv
@ 2013-07-22 13:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-07-22 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.07.2013 um 15:28 schrieb Thomas Friedrich <friedrich@statistik.tu-dortmund.de>:

> Hello,
>
> the mechanism for how to share the numbering of enumerations seems to
> have changed from mkii to mkiv. I used the following code to typeset
> theorems and lemmata in mkii. The typeset is very different when
> complied with mkiv: In the following code, for example, the lemma is
> missing its number, and there is an additional line break after each
> theorem title.
>
> ~~~ snip ~~~
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \setupframedtexts
>    [width=\makeupwidth,
>    frame=off,
>    bottomframe=on,
>    topframe=on,
>    background=screen,
>    backgroundscreen=.95]
>
> \setupenumerations
>    [title=yes,
>    style=normal,
>    list=all,
>    before={\blank[big]},
>    after={\blank[big]},
>    location=serried,
>    width=broad,
>    distance=0.5em,
>    headstyle=bold,
>    titlestyle=bold,
>    way=bychapter,
>    conversion=numbers,
>    before=\startframedtext,
>    after=\stopframedtext]
>
> \defineenumeration
>    [theorem]
>    [text=Theorem, listtext={Theorem }]
>
> \defineenumeration
>    [lemma]
>    [text=Lemma, listtext={Lemma }, number=theorem]
>
> \starttext
> \theorem Something $a=bc$.
>
> \theorem Something else.
>
> \lemma And something.
>
> \theorem And something else.
>
> \stoptext
> ~~~ snip ~~~
>
> How can I mimic the original typeset produced by 'texexec', so I can use mkiv?

1. The name of the location key was changed to alternative (i.e. alternative=serried).

2. To use the counter of another enumeration you need the counter key
   (i.e. counter=theorem) but you can also make \lemma a copy of \theorem with
   \defineenumeration[lemma][theroem][text=Lemma,…]

3. You don’t have to enable colors because MkIV enables them by default.

4. The name of the conversion key has changed to numberconversion.

Wolfgang