* lmtx doesn't search texmf-local
@ 2019-04-02 20:46 Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2019-04-02 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have installed LMTX into /opt/context-lmtx/ and placed my favourite fonts
into /opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-local/ as I also did in ConTeXt standalone.  I
would expect LMTX to find the newly installed otf files after regenerating the
file tree but that is not the case, see my terminal log below.  Do I have to do
it differently for LMTX?

Cheers, Henri

---

$ ls /opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-local/fonts/opentype/bh/lucidaot/LucidaBrightOT.otf
/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-local/fonts/opentype/bh/lucidaot/LucidaBrightOT.otf
$ mtxrun --generate
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/opt/context-lmtx/bin'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/opt/context-lmtx'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '/opt'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXOS' set to 'context-lmtx'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | using configuration specification 'home:texmf/web2c;selfautoparent:/texmf-local/web2c;selfautoparent:/texmf-context/web2c;selfautoparent:/texmf-dist/web2c;selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | looking for regular 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/home/henri/texmf/web2c' from specification 'home:texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for regular 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/opt/texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for regular 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/opt/texmf-context/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf-context/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for regular 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/opt/texmf-dist/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf-dist/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for regular 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path '/opt/texmf/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for fallback 'contextcnf.lua' on given path '/home/henri/texmf/web2c' from specification 'home:texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for fallback 'contextcnf.lua' on given path '/opt/texmf-local/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf-local/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for fallback 'contextcnf.lua' on given path '/opt/texmf-context/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf-context/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for fallback 'contextcnf.lua' on given path '/opt/texmf-dist/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf-dist/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for fallback 'contextcnf.lua' on given path '/opt/texmf/web2c' from specification 'selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)
resolvers       | resolving |
mtxrun          |
mtxrun          | elapsed lua time: 0.011 seconds

$ mtxrun --find-file LucidaBrightOT.otf

* Re: lmtx doesn't search texmf-local
@ 2019-04-02 21:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-04-02 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2019-04-02 21:19   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2019-04-02 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

My guess: drop the '/opt/context-lmtx/bin' from your PATH.

Best wishes,
Taco

@ 2019-04-02 21:21     ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2019-04-02 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 3/04/19 10:19 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> My guess: drop the '/opt/context-lmtx/bin' from your PATH.

That works, thank you.  Then install.sh has to be adjusted because it told me to

    export PATH=/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:/opt/context-lmtx/bin:/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:...

Cheers, Henri

@ 2019-04-02 21:49       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2019-04-02 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019, Henri Menke wrote:

> On 3/04/19 10:19 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> My guess: drop the '/opt/context-lmtx/bin' from your PATH.
>
> That works, thank you.  Then install.sh has to be adjusted because it told me to
>
>    export PATH=/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:/opt/context-lmtx/bin:/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:...

The install.sh needs to have the /opt/context-lmtx/bin in the path because
the install script (might) need the latest binary to work. The directory
structure is almost similar to context standalone. So, I simply created a
simple setuptex file to ease munging of paths.

Aditya

* Re: lmtx doesn't search texmf-local
@ 2019-04-02 22:32         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-04-02 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/2/2019 11:49 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2019, Henri Menke wrote:
>
>> On 3/04/19 10:19 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>> My guess: drop the '/opt/context-lmtx/bin' from your PATH.
>>
>> That works, thank you.  Then install.sh has to be adjusted because it
>> told me to
>>
>>    export
>> PATH=/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:/opt/context-lmtx/bin:/opt/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:...
>>

> The install.sh needs to have the /opt/context-lmtx/bin in the path
> because the install script (might) need the latest binary to work. The
> directory structure is almost similar to context standalone. So, I
> simply created a simple setuptex file to ease munging of paths.
nothing fundamental has changed in that department (nor will change
drastically unless there is a good reason for it) .. if things don't
work as expected i'll fix it of course

let me stress that, although there are changes (or pending ones) onder
the hood, most components of context will just stay as they are (why
reinvent wheels that turn smoothly)

for instance, font related code is also supposed to work with plain
which in turn means work with luatex ... the same is true for file
handling, process management etc ...

lmtx is supposed to be a drop in that context knows how to deal with,
but with a whole lot of benefits (like running a bit better on Alan's
refrigerator ... in fact, my thermostat/heating system really does run
on luatex as does other domotica stuff)

(believe it or not but i occasionally do test lmtx in a small setup
because computers don't get faster, virtualization has smaller setups,
energy consumption matters, etc. ... hobyism of course)

one can alway swonder if we keep some ideas in our sleeves .. after all,
there need to be progress occasionally ...

Hans