Hans van der Meer schrieb am 18.07.2021 um 16:39: > Here is something I think that should be added to the documentation. > > /In the ConTeXt garden (page Command/mainlanguage) the description is:/ > > mainlanguage Set the language of auto-generated language elements, > like the title of the table of contents or the appendix. > > /On the Command/language page:/ > > Change the hyphenation rules, quotation marks, all that sort of thing, > to that of a different language. (The default language is English.) > > Testing showed that \mainlanguage sets both \currentlanguage and > \currentmainlanguage to the same value, while \language sets > \currentlanguage only. > > My suggestion is to add info to this behaviour to the mainlanguage > page, reflecting the fact that \mainlanguage does set both > \currentlanguage and \currentmainlanguage.Which is not apparent from > the current documentation. It's a wiki, it's possible to add the information yourself. > Another solution would be to separate \language and \mainlanguage > completely. An option I would prefer for clarity, because now the > order of calling \language and \mainlanguage makes a difference. 1. You're breaking nearly every existing document. 2. \language is only needed when you use more than 1 language in a document, otherwise \mainlanguage is enough to change labels and hyphentation patterns. Wolfgang