* spacing between chapters in TOC
@ 2020-06-02  1:05 jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-06-02  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,

I want my table of contents to look like:

Chapter             1
     section           5
     section          10
     section          15

In other words with section items indented.

I presumed I would need to do something with \setuplist[section]. I know
how to control interline distance, whitespace, but in this instance, not
indentation of certain lines in a toc. I tried
\setuplist[section][indenting=yes] and even indentation=yes in the hope
that existed. It doesn't, at least not used this way.

But it must be simple enough to achieve?

Julian

* Re: spacing between chapters in TOC
@ 2020-06-02  4:30 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-06-02  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

jbf schrieb am 02.06.2020 um 03:05:
> Hi list,
>
> I want my table of contents to look like:
>
> Chapter             1
>     section           5
>     section          10
>     section          15
>
> In other words with section items indented.
>
> I presumed I would need to do something with \setuplist[section]. I
> know how to control interline distance, whitespace, but in this
> instance, not indentation of certain lines in a toc. I tried
> \setuplist[section][indenting=yes] and even indentation=yes in the
> hope that existed. It doesn't, at least not used this way.

To change the vertical space between entries you use the before and
after keys (this does *not* change the interline space), e.g.

     \setuplist[...][before=\blank, after={\blank[2*line]}]

and to indent entries you use the margin key, e.g.

     \setuplist[...][margin=2em]

but this is unrelated to paragraph indentation.

Wolfgang

* Re: spacing between chapters in TOC
@ 2020-06-02  5:37   ` jbf
From: jbf @ 2020-06-02  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang. Sometimes what we think is intuitive (I had just
assumed that some sort of para indentation might do it) is not so! And
yes, I had already worked out the before and after keys.

Many thanks,

Julian