* Devanagari in Siddhanta font with Context m-iv
@ 2013-12-07 14:21 Shree Devi Kumar
From: Shree Devi Kumar @ 2013-12-07 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

​I am converting some ITRANS documents with vedic accents to devanagari pdf
files using Context. I tried both Chandas and Siddhanta fonts with it, I
would prefer to use Siddhanta but in some cases the display is not coming
correctly.

eg. स॒र्वार्थ॑ in
स॒र्व॒म॒ङ्ग॒लमा॒ङ्गल्ये॑ शि॒वे स॒र्वार्थ॑ साधिके।
शर॑ण्ये त्र्यम्ब॑के दे॒वि॒ ना॒राय॑णि न॒मोऽस्तु॑ ते॥

does not display correctly when using Siddhanta font but it display
correctly in Chandas.​

​Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Shree​

* Re: Devanagari in Siddhanta font with Context m-iv
@ 2013-12-09  9:40 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-12-09  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.12.2013 um 15:21 schrieb Shree Devi Kumar <shreeshrii@gmail.com>:

> ​I am converting some ITRANS documents with vedic accents to devanagari pdf files using Context. I tried both Chandas and Siddhanta fonts with it, I would prefer to use Siddhanta but in some cases the display is not coming correctly.
>
> eg. स॒र्वार्थ॑ in
> स॒र्व॒म॒ङ्ग॒लमा॒ङ्गल्ये॑ शि॒वे स॒र्वार्थ॑ साधिके।
> शर॑ण्ये त्र्यम्ब॑के दे॒वि॒ ना॒राय॑णि न॒मोऽस्तु॑ ते॥
>
> does not display correctly when using Siddhanta font but it display correctly in Chandas.​
>
> ​Please let me know if you need more details.

Make a minimal example and provide links for the fonts (if possible).

Wolfgang

* Re: Devanagari in Siddhanta font with Context m-iv
@ 2013-12-12  6:01   ` Shree Devi Kumar
From: Shree Devi Kumar @ 2013-12-12  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya,

sarvaartha should have the r maatraa on top of va - in case of siddhanta
font when used in ConText the maatraa is not coming instead a dot seems
visible halfway on va (I am assuming that you can read devanagari) - when
you compare with Chandas the maatraa is  clearly visible. so
सर्वार्थ is looking like सवार्थ with a dot on वा

It may be a question of correctly stacking the components for building the
vertically stacked glyph (I do not know much about font design and
rendering - this is just a guess).

Shree Devi Kumar

@ 2013-12-11 22:14 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-12-11 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)