* Where is bibmod searching for bibliography style files?
@ 2011-03-06 18:18 Florian Wobbe
From: Florian Wobbe @ 2011-03-06 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I created a custom bibliography style file (bibl-mybst.tex) and like to use it with

 \setuppublications[alternative=mystyle]

For obvious reasons I want to move the file from texmf-context/tex/context/bib to some directory in texmf-local. Unfortunately, the file is not found in the texmf-local tree. I have tried several subdirectories using MkIV.

Where should the file go so that bibmod finds it?

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: Where is bibmod searching for bibliography style files?
@ 2011-03-06 19:06 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-03-06 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Florian Wobbe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a custom bibliography style file (bibl-mybst.tex) and like to use it with
>
> \setuppublications[alternative=mystyle]

There is a mismatch in names: bibl-mybst.tex vs alternative=mystyle.
Either the file should be called bibl-mystyle.tex or use
alternative=mybst.

> For obvious reasons I want to move the file from
> texmf-context/tex/context/bib to some directory in texmf-local.
> Unfortunately, the file is not found in the texmf-local tree. I have
> tried several subdirectories using MkIV.

What happens when you run

     mtxrun --locate bibl-mybst.tex

Does everything work if you keep the file in the current directory?

Aditya

* Re: Where is bibmod searching for bibliography style files?
@ 2011-03-06 19:26   ` Florian Wobbe
From: Florian Wobbe @ 2011-03-06 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a custom bibliography style file (bibl-mybst.tex) and like to use it with
>>
>> \setuppublications[alternative=mystyle]
>
> There is a mismatch in names: bibl-mybst.tex vs alternative=mystyle. Either the file should be called bibl-mystyle.tex or use alternative=mybst.

Thanks Aditya,

this is a typo in the email only.

>> For obvious reasons I want to move the file from texmf-context/tex/context/bib to some directory in texmf-local. Unfortunately, the file is not found in the texmf-local tree. I have tried several subdirectories using MkIV.
>
> What happens when you run
>
>    mtxrun --locate bibl-mybst.tex

This works when I regenerate the file database (which I forgot before).

> Does everything work if you keep the file in the current directory?

I tried this and then I had a blank reference list. I thought the reason was that context did not find the file but now I realise this is not the case. I'm trying to figure out what happens.

This is strange: When I setup a list with

  \setuppublications[alternative=apa]

I get a blank reference list.

When I use this (non existent file) line instead

  \setuppublications[alternative=not-existing]

context complains about not finding bibl-not-existing but I get a reference list! I'll try with a minimal example.

@ 2011-03-06 20:31     ` Florian Wobbe
From: Florian Wobbe @ 2011-03-06 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> This is strange: When I setup a list with
>
>  \setuppublications[alternative=apa]
>
> I get a blank reference list.
>
> When I use this (non existent file) line instead
>
>  \setuppublications[alternative=not-existing]
>
> context complains about not finding bibl-not-existing but I get a reference list! I'll try with a minimal example.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this behaviour with a minimal example. Still I have the problem with the empty list (in section "Cited references"):

\setupbibtex[database=sample]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa]

\starttext

\cite[hh2010a]
\cite[hh2010a]
\cite[Eijkhout1991]

\section{Cited references}
\placepublications
\placepublications[criterium=cite]

\section{All references}
\placepublications[criterium=all]

\stoptext

A problem related to \placepublications[criterium=cite] was reported
by Mojca on 2010-11-27. But then the issue was inverted: complete list instead of only the cited references.

Best,

@ 2011-03-06 20:49       ` Thomas Schmitz
From: Thomas Schmitz @ 2011-03-06 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 21:31:12 +0100
  Florian Wobbe <Florian.Wobbe@awi.de> wrote:

> Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this behaviour with a
>minimal example. Still I have the problem with the empty
>list (in section "Cited references"):
>
> \setupbibtex[database=sample]
> \setuppublications[alternative=apa]
>
> \starttext
>
> \cite[hh2010a]
> \cite[hh2010a]
> \cite[Eijkhout1991]
>
> \section{Cited references}
> \placepublications
> \placepublications[criterium=cite]
>
> \section{All references}
> \placepublications[criterium=all]
>
> \stoptext
>
> A problem related to \placepublications[criterium=cite]
>was reported
> by Mojca on 2010-11-27. But then the issue was inverted:
>complete list instead of only the cited references.

Try \placepublications[criterium=text]

@Hans: can you make criterium=cite a synonym of
criterium=text, please?

Thomas

* Re: Where is bibmod searching for bibliography style files?
@ 2011-03-06 21:18         ` Florian Wobbe
From: Florian Wobbe @ 2011-03-06 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Try \placepublications[criterium=text]

Much obliged!