* itemize, adobekb
@ 2004-06-16 15:12 Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2004-06-16 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

These are two very basic questions, but I couldn't find basic answers.
Am quite willing to RTFM, but would be grateful for pointing to
specific sections. So here comes:

1) Is it possible to have something in front of the number in numbered
itemize-groups? Like LatTeX-style [1] etc. All I could find was the
"stopper= " setup, but nothing for "starters."

2) The adobekb typescript is now part of the context macro package,
right? (tex/context/base/type-akb.tex). But whenever I have this in my
documents:

\usetypescript[adobekb][\defaultencoding]

\setupbodyfont[pos,12pt]

everything works well, my document is typeset in times, but I get this
error:

bodyfont       : unknown variant pos

What gives? Has "pos" been replaced by a new magic formula?

All best

Thomas

* Re: itemize
@ 2004-06-18 17:03 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-06-18 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Thomas A.Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> writes:

> These are two very basic questions, but I couldn't find basic answers.
> Am quite willing to RTFM, but would be grateful for pointing to
> specific sections. So here comes:
>
> 1) Is it possible to have something in front of the number in numbered
>    itemize-groups? Like LatTeX-style [1] etc. All I could find was the
>    "stopper= " setup, but nothing for "starters."

\starttext
\defineconversion[map][(\numbers]
\startitemize[map][stopper=)]
\item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
\item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
\stopitemize
\stoptext

Patrick

* Re: Re: itemize
@ 2004-06-19 17:14   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-06-19 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Of course Patrick's answer works. Another aproach is to use the
\setupitemize command. This gives you more control over the spacing
between the symbol and the text.

\setupitemize
[1] %level of itemization
[broad,atnmargin]
[margin=no,
  distance=5em,
  stopper=,
  left=Idea ,
  right=:]

\startitemize[a]
\item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
\item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
\stopitemize
\stoptext

Kind regards

Willi

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> "Thomas A.Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> writes:
>

>>These are two very basic questions, but I couldn't find basic answers.
>>Am quite willing to RTFM, but would be grateful for pointing to
>>specific sections. So here comes:
>>
>>1) Is it possible to have something in front of the number in numbered
>>   itemize-groups? Like LatTeX-style [1] etc. All I could find was the
>>   "stopper= " setup, but nothing for "starters."
>

> \starttext
> \defineconversion[map][(\numbers]
> \startitemize[map][stopper=)]
> \item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
>       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
>       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
> \item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
>       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
>       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> Patrick

* Re: itemize
@ 2004-06-20  7:57     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-06-20  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Willi,

> Of course Patrick's answer works. Another aproach is to use the
> \setupitemize command. This gives you more control over the spacing
> between the symbol and the text.

I keep forgetting about right, left.

> \setupitemize
> [1] %level of itemization
> [broad,atnmargin]

The atnmargin is a typo, I guess. What does atmargin do?

Thanks for your example. I hope I may put it in texshow-web?

Patrick

* Re: Re: itemize
@ 2004-06-20 20:41       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-06-20 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Patrick,

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hello Willi,
>

>>Of course Patrick's answer works. Another aproach is to use the
>>\setupitemize command. This gives you more control over the spacing
>>between the symbol and the text.
>

> I keep forgetting about right, left.
>
>>\setupitemize
>>[1] %level of itemization
>>[broad,atnmargin]
>

> The atnmargin is a typo, I guess.

Yes shure, it should be atmargin.

  What does atmargin do?

It gives the positioning of the symbol. You might also say inmargin, if
you say margin then it will be indented. - I am not shure whether all
options work properly.

> Thanks for your example. I hope I may put it in texshow-web?

Good idea! Feel free to do so.

Kind regards Willi

> Patrick

* Re: Re: itemize
@ 2004-06-21  8:39     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2004-06-21  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Me stupid! Willi, this message made my day. I've been using ConTeXt for
more than a year now, but I was never able to figure out what
setupitemize [.1.] .1. number each meant. So it's the level of
itemization. Thanks, that should make things easier. And many thanks to
Patrick and to you for pointing out the left= option. ConTeXt and the
number of options it gives never cease to amaze me!

All best

Thomas

On Jun 19, 2004, at 7:14 PM, Willi Egger wrote:

> Of course Patrick's answer works. Another aproach is to use the
> \setupitemize command. This gives you more control over the spacing
> between the symbol and the text.
>
> \setupitemize
> [1] %level of itemization
> [broad,atnmargin]
> [margin=no,
>  distance=5em,
>  stopper=,
>  left=Idea ,
>  right=:]
>
> \startitemize[a]
> \item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
>       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
>       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
> \item Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
>       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
>       Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> Kind regards
>
> Willi

* Re: Re: itemize
@ 2004-06-21 16:02       ` Gary Pajer
From: Gary Pajer @ 2004-06-21 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Me stupid! Willi, this message made my day. I've been using ConTeXt
> for more than a year now, but I was never able to figure out what
> setupitemize [.1.] .1. number each meant. So it's the level of
> itemization. Thanks, that should make things easier. And many thanks
> to Patrick and to you for pointing out the left= option. ConTeXt and
> the number of options it gives never cease to amaze me!

since we're back on the topic of itemize, I'll repost a question that
I've posted here before:

It seems to me that the 'before' and 'after' keywords used in the third
argument of \setupitemize are operative only if 'columns' are also
specified.  In the example below, the hairlines disappear if the 'columns'
keyword is eliminated.

Feature, bug, or misunderstanding?

BTW:   can the lengths of the two hairlines in this example be made to be
the same length?  What's causing the indentation of the first hairline?

Regards,
Gary

---------

\setupitemize[2][a,packed,columns][before={\hairline},after={\hairline}]
\setupitemize[1][n]

\starttext
\startitemize
%
\item Level One
%
\startitemize
\item first
\item second
\item third
\stopitemize
%
\item Level two
%
\startitemize
\item here's one
\item here's another
\item finally this
\stopitemize
%
\stopitemize
%
\stoptext

* Re: Re: itemize
@ 2004-07-28 12:47         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-07-28 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Pajer wrote:

> Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>
>> Me stupid! Willi, this message made my day. I've been using ConTeXt
>> for more than a year now, but I was never able to figure out what
>> setupitemize [.1.] .1. number each meant. So it's the level of
>> itemization. Thanks, that should make things easier. And many thanks
>> to Patrick and to you for pointing out the left= option. ConTeXt and
>> the number of options it gives never cease to amaze me!
>

> since we're back on the topic of itemize, I'll repost a question that
> I've posted here before:

> It seems to me that the 'before' and 'after' keywords used in the third
> argument of \setupitemize are operative only if 'columns' are also
> specified.  In the example below, the hairlines disappear if the
> 'columns'
> keyword is eliminated.
>

> Feature, bug, or misunderstanding?

a bit of all, this will take me some time (maybe when i redo the item
environment); has to do with grouping and such as well as before/after
handling

(compare output with\chardef\autoitemgroupspacing=0 set)

> BTW:   can the lengths of the two hairlines in this example be made to be
> the same length?  What's causing the indentation of the first hairline?

a bit tricky: par's (\endgraf's interfere in such matters, i.e. you need
to invoke the command when the width is (still) known)

\setupitemize
  [2]
  [a,packed,columns]
  [before={\thinrule\endgraf},