* Two questions about \subject vs \section
       [not found] <20040210110009.14896.56870.Mailman@ref.ntg.nl>
@ 2004-02-10 12:03 ` Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2004-02-10 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all.

I have a series of documents which use \section to create a numbered
heading and \subject to create an unnumbered one. I would like the
unnumbered headings (the \subjects) to do put the titles in the running
heads and in the tables of contents, like the \sections do. I have
experimented with \setuphead but can't see how this can be done?

A related question which might help me answer the first - where would I
find the default settings for things like \chapter and \subject, so that
I can see how they are originally set up and therefore how to make them
behave differently? The tex/context/base/*.tex files don't seem to
contain \definehead commands for these, so I assume they must be done in
a different way internally?

Thanks for any help.

Duncan dh@capdm.com

* Re: Two questions about \subject vs \section
@ 2004-02-10 19:23   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2004-02-10 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Dienstag, 10.02.04, um 13:03 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Duncan
Hothersall:
> I have a series of documents which use \section to create a numbered
> heading and \subject to create an unnumbered one. I would like the
> unnumbered headings (the \subjects) to do put the titles in the
> running heads and in the tables of contents, like the \sections do. I
> have experimented with \setuphead but can't see how this can be done?

You could use \section for everything and set it up to hide numbers...
(If you need both, just make a clone of section.)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/

* Re: Two questions about \subject vs \section
@ 2004-02-22 23:33   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-02-22 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Duncan Hothersall

At 13:03 10/02/2004, you wrote:
>Hello all.
>
>I have a series of documents which use \section to create a numbered
>heading and \subject to create an unnumbered one. I would like the
>unnumbered headings (the \subjects) to do put the titles in the running
>heads and in the tables of contents, like the \sections do. I have
>experimented with \setuphead but can't see how this can be done?

\definehead
   [whatever]
   [subject]

\setuphead
   [whatever]
   [incrementnumber=list]

\starttext

\placelist[section,whatever][criterium=all]

\section{test}

\subject{subject}

\whatever{whatever}

\section{test}

\subject{subject}

\whatever{whatever}

\stoptext

>A related question which might help me answer the first - where would I
>find the default settings for things like \chapter and \subject, so that I
>can see how they are originally set up and therefore how to make them
>behave differently? The tex/context/base/*.tex files don't seem to contain
>\definehead commands for these, so I assume they must be done in a
>different way internally?

\definesection cum suis

Hans