* Re: Layer for all pages and for specific pages
@ 2013-05-07  5:49 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-07  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> You can avoid this when you put everything in a single table. You should also avoid
> to use brackets as delimiters for text, use normal braced arguments why can be
> grouped without problems.
>
> \startsetups[arde]
>    \setupTABLE[c][1][rightframe=on]
> \stopsetups
>
> \def\startarde
>    {\bTABLE[frame=off,width=.5\textwidth,setups=arde,split=yes]}
>
> \def\stoparde
>    {\eTABLE}
>
> \define[2]\arde
>    {\bTR
>       \bTD#1\eTD
>       \bTD#2\eTD
>     \eTR}
>
> \setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch]
>
> \starttext
> \startarde
> \arde{\input knuth }{\input knuth }
> \arde{\input knuth }{\input knuth }
> \stoparde
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

That does not work in my case, where in the right column a r2l-text
(arabic) is set. See this example:

\startsetups[arde]
   \setupTABLE[c][1][rightframe=on]
\stopsetups
\def\startarde
   {\bTABLE[frame=off,width=.5\textwidth,setups=arde,split=yes]}
\def\stoparde
   {\eTABLE}
\define[2]\arde
   {\bTR
      \bTD#1\eTD
      \bTD#2\eTD
    \eTR}
\setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch]
\starttext
\arde{\input knuth }{\setupalign[r2l] Eigentlich steht hier etwas
Arabisches.}
\stoptext

The two texts are just written one after another, no table, no columns.

Huseyin

* Re: Layer for all pages and for specific pages
@ 2013-05-07 10:38 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-07 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.05.2013 um 07:49 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

>> You can avoid this when you put everything in a single table. You should also avoid
>> to use brackets as delimiters for text, use normal braced arguments why can be
>> grouped without problems.
>>
>> \startsetups[arde]
>>   \setupTABLE[c][1][rightframe=on]
>> \stopsetups
>>
>> \def\startarde
>>   {\bTABLE[frame=off,width=.5\textwidth,setups=arde,split=yes]}
>>
>> \def\stoparde
>>   {\eTABLE}
>>
>> \define[2]\arde
>>   {\bTR
>>      \bTD#1\eTD
>>      \bTD#2\eTD
>>    \eTR}
>>
>> \setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startarde
>> \arde{\input knuth }{\input knuth }
>> \arde{\input knuth }{\input knuth }
>> \stoparde
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> That does not work in my case, where in the right column a r2l-text (arabic) is set. See this example:
>
> \startsetups[arde]
>  \setupTABLE[c][1][rightframe=on]
> \stopsetups
> \def\startarde
>  {\bTABLE[frame=off,width=.5\textwidth,setups=arde,split=yes]}
> \def\stoparde
>  {\eTABLE}
> \define[2]\arde
>  {\bTR
>     \bTD#1\eTD
>     \bTD#2\eTD
>   \eTR}
> \setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch]
> \starttext

\startarde

@ 2013-05-06 15:06 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-06 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.05.2013 um 15:55 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I use a vertical line (realized as a layer) for a bilingual project. My question is:
>> > 1. How can I set this line on all pages?
>>
>> When this is the text where you place both columns with a table you can just enable the rule between both columns.
>
> Thanks Wolfgang!
>
> The reason for the use of the layer is the following: If I use frames of the natural table, then I have this:
>
> \def\arde[#1][#2]{%
> \bTABLE
> \setupTABLE[frame=off]
> \setupTABLE[c][1][rightframe=on]
> \bTR
> \bTD #1 \eTD
> \bTD #2 \eTD
> \eTR
> \eTABLE}
> \setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch]
> \starttext
> \arde[\input knuth][\input knuth]
> \arde[\input knuth][\input knuth]
> \stoptext
>
> There you can see the problem, you have to zoom into the pdf: Between the two tables, there is a tiny tiny (!) space betweeen the vertical lines. Its not a big issue, but it is there.

The space is inserted by TeX when characters in different lines are touching.

@ 2013-05-06 13:55 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-06 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2013-05-06 10:19 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-06 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.05.2013 um 08:26 schrieb H. Özoguz <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I use a vertical line (realized as a layer) for a bilingual project. My question is:
> 1. How can I set this line on all pages?

When this is the text where you place both columns with a table you can just enable the rule between both columns.

> 2. How can I control, on which pages it is set, and on which not? I tried it with state=start/stop/repeat, but that did not work.
>
> Here my try:
>
> \definelayer[mybg]
>    [x=0mm, y=0mm,
>     width=\paperwidth, height=\paperheight]
> \setlayer[mybg]
>    [hoffset=10cm, voffset=4cm]
>    {\blackrule[width=1pt, height=\vsize, depth=0.5ex]}
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background=mybg]
> \setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch]
>
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> \page
> \input knuth
> \stoptext

\newconditional\placeRULE

\definelayer[rule][state=repeat]

\setlayer[rule][x=.5\textwidth]{\blackrule[width=1pt,height=\textheight]}

\defineoverlay[rule][{\ifconditional\placeRULE\placelayer[rule]\fi}]

\setupbackgrounds[text][background=rule]

\starttext

\input knuth

\page \settrue\placeRULE

\input tufte

\page

\input zapf

\page \setfalse\placeRULE

\input ward

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Layer for all pages and for specific pages
@ 2013-05-06  6:26 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-06  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I use a vertical line (realized as a layer) for a bilingual project. My
question is:
1. How can I set this line on all pages?
2. How can I control, on which pages it is set, and on which not? I
tried it with state=start/stop/repeat, but that did not work.

Here my try:

\definelayer[mybg]
     [x=0mm, y=0mm,
      width=\paperwidth, height=\paperheight]
\setlayer[mybg]
     [hoffset=10cm, voffset=4cm]
     {\blackrule[width=1pt, height=\vsize, depth=0.5ex]}
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=mybg]
\setuptolerance[tolerant,stretch]

\starttext
\input knuth
\page