* Dimension in mkiv definefont
@ 2014-07-02 21:43 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2014-07-02 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

the following runs fine in mkii (i.e. if compiled with 'texexec') but
gives an error with mkiv (compiled with 'context'):

\showframe

\newdimen\Ssize \Ssize=18pt
%\definefont[MyFont][Serif at 18pt]
\definefont[MyFont][Serif at \Ssize]

\starttext
\MyFont
\input knuth
\stoptext

I have just installed the current version of context-minimals:
ConTeXt  ver: 2013.06.07 17:34 MKII  fmt: 2014.7.2  int: english/english

What ist the mkiv way to set a dimension that will be used in a number
of \definefont commands?

Thank you!
Uwe

* Re: Dimension in mkiv definefont
@ 2014-07-03  4:39 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-07-03  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.07.2014 um 23:43 schrieb Uwe Koloska <ml@KOLORO.DE>:

> Dear list,
>
> the following runs fine in mkii (i.e. if compiled with 'texexec') but
> gives an error with mkiv (compiled with 'context'):
>
> \showframe
>
> \newdimen\Ssize \Ssize=18pt
> %\definefont[MyFont][Serif at 18pt]
> \definefont[MyFont][Serif at \Ssize]
>
> \starttext
> \MyFont
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> I have just installed the current version of context-minimals:
> ConTeXt  ver: 2013.06.07 17:34 MKII  fmt: 2014.7.2  int: english/english
>
> What ist the mkiv way to set a dimension that will be used in a number
> of \definefont commands?

Use the \definemeasure command to set the value and the \measure command to access it.

\definemeasure[Ssize][18pt]

\definefont[MyFont][Serif at \measure{Ssize}]

\starttext
\MyFont
\input knuth
\stoptext