* part titles not showing up
@ 2013-08-19  7:05 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2013-08-19  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Hi together,
I wonder why I can’t seem to get my part titles visible:

%\setuphead[part]{WHAT?}

\starttext

\part{Bart Eins}

\chapter{Gabiddel Eins}

\input tufte

\chapter{Gabiddel Dswei}

\input tufte

\part{Bart Zwei}

\chapter{Gabiddel Trei}

\input tufte

\stoptext

I also tried \startpart[title=Something] etc. to no avail.
If I remember correctly, part titles shouldn't need any setup to at least show up somehow?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: part titles not showing up
@ 2013-08-19  7:20 ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2013-08-19  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

···<date: 2013-08-19, Monday>···<from: Henning Hraban Ramm>···

> Hi together,
> I wonder why I can’t seem to get my part titles visible:
>

> %\setuphead[part]{WHAT?}

\setuphead [part] [placehead=yes]

Best,
Philipp

> \starttext
>
> \part{Bart Eins}
>
> \chapter{Gabiddel Eins}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \chapter{Gabiddel Dswei}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \part{Bart Zwei}
>
> \chapter{Gabiddel Trei}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext
>
> I also tried \startpart[title=Something] etc. to no avail.
> If I remember correctly, part titles shouldn't need any setup to at least show up somehow?
>

> Greetlings, Hraban
> ---
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net
> https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 490 bytes --]

* Re: part titles not showing up
@ 2013-08-19  7:51   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2013-08-19  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2013-08-19 um 13:20 schrieb Philipp Gesang <Philipp.Gesang@alumni.uni-heidelberg.de>:

> ···<date: 2013-08-19, Monday>···<from: Henning Hraban Ramm>···
>
>> Hi together,
>> I wonder why I can’t seem to get my part titles visible:
>> %\setuphead[part]{WHAT?}
>
> \setuphead [part] [placehead=yes]

Thank you! Now it works, of course.

But why should parts not get displayed by default?

Greetlings, Hraban
---

@ 2013-08-27 15:35     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2013-08-27 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:51:51 +0600
Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net> wrote:

> But why should parts not get displayed by default?

Because Hans (and others?) have decided that the default for part should be no titles.

This may be convenient but seems to me to be incoherent. Indeed, I would prefer placehead=yes to be the default (one can always specify placehead=no) as well as bodypartlabel=part (which also seems to need to be defined explicitly).

Alan