* music!
@ 2006-01-30 16:21 andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-01-30 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,
I've finished my first complete score  created with lily + context. It
will be (should be) performed by the percussionist of the Orchestra
Sinfonica Nazionale Rai (the National Television Orchestra) on february
.
(Apart from the music....) Wow, everybody seeing it and used to Finale,
Sibelius, etc, is deeply impressed. Me too, I have happily to say.

Here you can see it:

http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/Iscrizioni/pdf/iscrizioni.pdf

ConTeXt is obviously mentioned in the credit box.
Many thanks to the community for support

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: music!
@ 2006-01-30 19:29 ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2006-01-30 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 Jan 2006, at 17:21, andrea valle wrote:

> Dear list,
> I've finished my first complete score  created with lily + context. It
> will be (should be) performed by the percussionist of the Orchestra
> Sinfonica Nazionale Rai (the National Television Orchestra) on
> february
> .
> (Apart from the music....) Wow, everybody seeing it and used to
> Finale,
> Sibelius, etc, is deeply impressed. Me too, I have happily to say.
>
> Here you can see it:
>
> http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/Iscrizioni/pdf/iscrizioni.pdf

Beautiful.

> ConTeXt is obviously mentioned in the credit box.

And TeXShop I see. But not TeX (Knuth) itself? Where would ConTeXt be
without TeX? Con't... ;-)

* Re: music!
@ 2006-01-30 21:58   ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-01-30 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Beautiful.

(Thanks)

>> ConTeXt is obviously mentioned in the credit box.
>
> And TeXShop I see. But not TeX (Knuth) itself? Where would ConTeXt be
> without TeX? Con't... ;-)

It's a problem of recursion. I consider TeX embedded...
You know, also LilyPond includes many free libraries (from fondu to
pango to imagfemagick). I cannot mention all.
But thinking back again I can surely include i-Installer TeX distro.
Fundamental... Sorry Gerben, I hope I will have another performance :-)

@ 2006-01-31 20:42     ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2006-01-31 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 Jan 2006, at 22:58, andrea valle wrote:

>> Beautiful.
>>
> (Thanks)
>
>>> ConTeXt is obviously mentioned in the credit box.
>>
>> And TeXShop I see. But not TeX (Knuth) itself? Where would ConTeXt be
>> without TeX? Con't... ;-)
>>

> It's a problem of recursion. I consider TeX embedded...
> You know, also LilyPond includes many free libraries (from fondu to
> pango to imagfemagick). I cannot mention all.
> But thinking back again I can surely include i-Installer TeX distro.
> Fundamental... Sorry Gerben, I hope I will have another
> performance :-)

Nah, leave me out of it. It would have worked as well with fink or
TeX Live, or whatever. But not without TeX itself and I always think
Knuth deserves the mentioning any time. Me, I am just a copy shop.
ConTeXt is something real and so is TeX.