* Text with background (overlay with a line by MP)
@ 2011-03-19 20:35 Procházka Lukáš
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2011-03-19 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

I'm trying to create an overlay - text with a line drawn bellow.

The following code:

---

\defineoverlay[Label][\useMPgraphic{Label}]

\startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
   path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
   draw p yshifted -1cm withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\def\Text#1{\inframed[background=Label,frame=off]{#1}}

\starttext
   AAA
   \Text{BBB}
   CCC
\stoptext

---

results in a horizontal line going exactly through the middle of the text.

And I'd like to draw it bellow; thus "yshifted -1cm".

How to do it?

Best regards,

Lukas

[-- Attachment #2: t-TxMP.mkiv --]

\defineoverlay[Label][\useMPgraphic{Label}]

\startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
  path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
  draw p yshifted -1cm withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\def\Text#1{\inframed[background=Label,frame=off]{#1}}

\starttext
  AAA
  \Text{BBB}
  CCC
\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: t-TxMP.pdf --]

* Re: Text with background (overlay with a line by MP)
@ 2011-03-19 21:23 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-03-19 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Procházka Lukáš <LPr@pontex.cz> writes:

>   draw p yshifted -1cm withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;

draw p withpen pencircle scaled 0mm withcolor white;
draw p yshifted -OverlayHeight withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;

(quick and dirty, there is certainly a cleaner solution...)
--
           Peter

* Re: Text with background (overlay with a line by MP)
@ 2011-03-19 21:34 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-03-19 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Procházka Lukáš <LPr@pontex.cz> writes:

> \def\Text#1{\inframed[background=Label,frame=off]{#1}}

Or like this (less quick and perhaps less dirty):

\def\Text#1{\inframed[location=top, background=Label, boffset=\lineheight,
    frame=off]{#1}}

--
           Peter

* Re: Text with background (overlay with a line by MP)
@ 2011-03-19 21:37   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-03-19 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

pmlists@free.fr (Peter Münster) writes:

> Procházka Lukáš <LPr@pontex.cz> writes:
>
>> \def\Text#1{\inframed[background=Label,frame=off]{#1}}
>
> Or like this (less quick and perhaps less dirty):
>
> \def\Text#1{\inframed[location=top, background=Label, boffset=\lineheight,
>     frame=off]{#1}}

Oh, no, please forget that!

--
           Peter

* Re: Text with background (overlay with a line by MP)
@ 2011-03-19 21:49   ` Procházka Lukáš
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2011-03-19 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

... Thanks,

so a "dirty" trick must be done anyway? A trick which would cause MP to evaluate a higher bounding box?

> draw p withpen pencircle scaled 0mm withcolor white;

---
draw (0,0);
---

instead works as well.

> draw p yshifted -OverlayHeight withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
>
> (quick and dirty, there is certainly a cleaner solution...)

(I guess so as well.)

(BTW: I don't want to just \underbar the text - this is a simplified task/sample; drawing should be more complicated in reality.)

Lukas

* Re: Text with background (overlay with a line by MP)
@ 2011-03-19 22:13 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-03-19 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, Procházka Lukáš wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create an overlay - text with a line drawn bellow.
>
> The following code:
>
> ---
>
> \defineoverlay[Label][\useMPgraphic{Label}]
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
> path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
> draw p yshifted -1cm withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> \def\Text#1{\inframed[background=Label,frame=off]{#1}}
>
> \starttext
> AAA
> \Text{BBB}
> CCC
> \stoptext
>
> ---
>
> results in a horizontal line going exactly through the middle of the text.
>
> And I'd like to draw it bellow; thus "yshifted -1cm".
>
> How to do it?

You do not need yshifted. But you need to set the bounding box of the
resulting image correctly.

\startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
  path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
  draw p withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
  setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox OverlayBox ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

Aditya

* Re: Text with background (overlay with a line by MP)
@ 2011-03-19 22:34   ` Procházka Lukáš
From: Procházka Lukáš @ 2011-03-19 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 23:13:46 +0100, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> You do not need yshifted. But you need to set the bounding box of the
> resulting image correctly.
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
>   path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
>   draw p withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
>   setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox OverlayBox ;
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> Aditya

Perfect, thank you.

Lukas

* Re: Text with background (overlay with a line by MP)
@ 2011-03-20  7:22   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-20  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.03.2011 um 23:13 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, Procházka Lukáš wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to create an overlay - text with a line drawn bellow.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> How to do it?
>
> You do not need yshifted. But you need to set the bounding box of the resulting image correctly.
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
> path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
> draw p withpen pencircle scaled 1mm withcolor .667red;
> setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox OverlayBox ;
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic

You can also use the \framed-parameters:

\startuniqueMPgraphic{Label}
path p; p := (0,0) -- (OverlayWidth,0);
draw p withpen pencircle scaled \frameddimension{rulethickness} withcolor \MPcolor{\framedparameter{framecolor}};
setbounds currentpicture to boundingbox OverlayBox ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[Label][\useMPgraphic{Label}]

\defineframed[Text][background=Label,frame=off,location=low,framecolor=darkred,rulethickness=1mm]

\starttext
AAA \Text{BBB} CCC \Text[framecolor=blue]{DDD} EEE
\stoptext

Wolfgang