In typesetting my endnotes with \placenotes[endnote] I seem unable to unfluence the text characteristics. I tried things like (1) \setupnotes[endnote][textcolor=blue] (2) changed fonts before the \ bgroup\bf\placenote\egroup call (3) \startsetups[setups:endnotes] \setupwhitespace[0pt] \stopsetups % textstyle influences endnotemarker in the text. \setupnote[endnote][textcommand=\hifnmarker,before=\directsetup{setups:endnotes}] (4) \setupnotes[endnote][bodyfont=italic] Where (3) made a difference in linespacing, nothing else does. How can one determine the text characteristics of the endnotes? dr. Hans van der Meer