* strange hang during compilation
@ 2011-02-08 16:10 Jeong Dalyoung
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2011-02-08 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

Today, I got a strange hault during the compilation.

I had a file which consists of 13 chapters. It was compiled well before this afternoon when I change the textwidth and textheight.
from (12cm, 21cm) to (11cm, 19cm).

It works before it reaches somewhere chapter 1 and just stop and do nothing.

I check chapters one by one and found that it has problems in ch 1 - ch4 but no problem from ch 5 - to end.
I copied whole text in chapter 1 to a new document. but no use.

I even checked disk and repair disk, but it is not helpful.

The only thing I change is the pagelayout one line.

I am using Mac OSX 10.6 and ConTeXt version is 2011.01.31.

Here I just give main file to show the structure.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Dalyoung

\startproduct counting

%\mainlanguage[kr]
%\definefontfeature[korean][script=hang,language=kor,mode=node,analyze=yes]

\usetypescriptfile[type-kor]
\usetypescript[unFonts] % As set in your typescript file
\setupbodyfont[Myface, rm, 12pt]
\definefont[itfont][file:lmroman12-italic.otf]

\setupexternalfigures[directory={/Users/graph/Documents/ebooks/counting/figures,/Users/graph/Documents/figures/persons}]

\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
\setuplayout[width=11cm,height=19cm,header=1cm,footer=1cm,marking=on,location=middle]
\showframe
%\showlayout

\environment MyDefinitions

\definestructureconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
\definestructureconversionset[bodypart:pagenumber] [][numbers]

%\setuplist[chapter][pageconversionset=pagenumber]

\startstructureblockenvironment[frontpart]
	\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=romannumerals]
	\setuppagenumber[number=1]
	\setuphead[chapter][command=,number=no,page=right]
\stopstructureblockenvironment

\startstructureblockenvironment[bodypart]
	\setuppagenumber[number=1]
	\setuppagenumbering[alternative=]
	\setuphead[chapter][command=\Myheader, page=right]
\stopstructureblockenvironment

\startstructureblockenvironment[backpart]
	\setuphead[chapter][command=,number=no,page=right]
\stopstructureblockenvironment

\startfrontmatter
	\component preface
	\page
	%\setuplist[alternative=c, style=12pt, textstyle=normal]
    %\placelist[chapter]
 	\completecontent[criterium=all]
\stopfrontmatter

\enablemode[withsolution]
\startbodymatter
	\component SumRule1
%\component ProductRule
%	\component Subsets
%	\component Applications
%	\component Bijection
	\component BallsBoxes1
	\component MoreApplications
	\component BallsBoxes2
	\component OtherDistribution
	\component Binomial
	\component UsefulId
	\component PascalTriangle
	\component MiscProblems
\stopbodymatter

\startbackmatter
	\component backpart
\stopbackmatter

\stopproduct

* Re: strange hang during compilation
@ 2011-02-08 17:58 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <D758FD87-C199-4A40-A766-7070E393C2A3@me.com>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-08 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8-2-2011 5:10, Jeong Dalyoung wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Today, I got a strange hault during the compilation.
>
> I had a file which consists of 13 chapters. It was compiled well before this afternoon when I change the textwidth and textheight.
> from (12cm, 21cm) to (11cm, 19cm).
>
> It works before it reaches somewhere chapter 1 and just stop and do nothing.

what i then do normally is to copy the files and start stripping till
the problems goes away; then undo the last strip, and run with \tracingall

you can try \tracingall and see where it hangs, maybe there's a macro
that calls itself

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found]     ` <4D529D94.3060909@wxs.nl>
@ 2011-02-09 14:38       ` Jeong Dalyoung
       [not found]       ` <9438C085-EB2C-433C-A6C1-E05A59E44AE7@gmail.com>
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2011-02-09 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen; +Cc: ntg-context

Dear Hans,

> So, it looks like some figure definition going wrong. Can you see what \*externalfigure commands are used (just grep them and mail them)
>> \??oi ->@

I am sorry that I am not good at unix commnad.
Would you please how to do that?

and

> how does the whole line looks like (the ...)

what do you mean?

I have tested in several situation and find that the figure files in the original directory is fine when I make a very short file like

\tracingall
\startcomponent test

\placefigure[][]{}
{\externalfigure[./figures/c14][width=.5\makeupwidth]}

\stopcomponent

I really confused.
After testing more, I will summerize it.

Thank you.

best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: strange hang during compilation
       [not found]               ` <4D531A71.909@wxs.nl>
@ 2011-02-10  0:52                 ` Jeong Dalyoung
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2011-02-10  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen; +Cc: ntg-context

Dear Hans,

> Localization is not that complex ... mostly a matter of extending tables ... just let us know what you have in mind.

Ok, I'll check what I can do.

> Currently we have one set of parameters that you can see in
>
> local dataset = {
>    inter_char_stretch_factor     = 0.50, -- of quad
>    inter_char_half_shrink_factor = 0.50, -- of quad
>    inter_char_hangul_penalty     =   50,
> }
>
> It's no big deal to support more sets. Do document mix settings? Does this depend on the font?

I think that it depends on the fonts a little. When I use another  font set, the inter-letter space looks better. I'll discuss this matter with font experts in KTUG conference on this saturday, Feb. 12.
Since they did a nice job for LaTeX, they know what should be considered.

> I uploaded a beta. Is the problem still there?

I just reinstalled the beta and test it. It works really fine!!!

Thank you for your efforts.

best regards,

Dalyoung