* beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-27  1:07 Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2003-07-27  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am new to context, migrating from latex for the purpose of writing an
online book. I would like to set up a few definitions in the
environment file
that would replace latex's  \begin{definition} ... \end{definition}
environments. I realize that this can  be done conveniently with
\defineenumeration,
but I want of course a few more features in it then in latex's setup.
For example, I'd like to have the
definition typeset in some color against some background. I tried the
following
in the environment file:

\setupcolors[state=start]

\definetextbackground
[defbackground]
[backgroundcolor=blue,
backgroundoffset=.25cm,
offset=.25cm,
frame=off,
location=paragraph,
color=green]

\defineenumeration
[definition]
[text=Definition,
location=left,
before={\starttextbackground[defbackground]},
after={\stoptextbackground},
letter=it]

Then, in the text, when I use

\startdefinition
This is my definition.
\stopdefinition

the text comes out green all right, but the blue background is  smeared
all over two pages.
I have tried a few modifications to no avail, so I fear I am doing it
all wrong.

Curiously, when I typeset the above th first time, I only get the green
text (no blue), and the
mess shows only up when typesetting the second time.

Any help?

Thanks,

Matthias

* Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-29 17:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-29 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 20:07 26/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>the text comes out green all right, but the blue background is  smeared
>all over two pages.
>I have tried a few modifications to no avail, so I fear I am doing it all
>wrong.

What version do you use? (take the latest)

looks ok here, that is, when you add:

before=\blank,
after=\blank,

to the deifnition of the background

[of play with the offsets]

>Curiously, when I typeset the above th first time, I only get the green
>text (no blue), and the
>mess shows only up when typesetting the second time.

normally texexec should handle that for you (multiple runs are needed to
sort out the background)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-30  1:44   ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2003-07-30  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the answer. I am using  context version  2003.1.31, and I
have changed the code a little
according to your suggestion. However, everything remains blue. The
problem seems to
appear when the text to be highlighted gets a bit more inolved. Below
is a complete
sample that shows the effect 'nicely' -- the second page has blue-gray
background except the page numbers, but the text is
highligthed in red correctly.

I still fear that I am missing the crucial point.

Matthias

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupcolors[rgb]

\definecolor[myc] [r=.8,g=.9,b=.9]

\definetextbackground
[defbackground]
[backgroundcolor=myc,
backgroundoffset=.05cm,
offset=.05cm,
frame=off,
location=paragraph,
before=\blank,
after=\blank,
color=darkred]

\defineenumeration
[theorem]
[before={\starttextbackground[defbackground]},
after={\stoptextbackground},
text=Theorem,
location=left,
corner=round,
letter=rm]

\def\emph#1{{\it #1}}

\def\R{\text{\bf R}}
\def\Q{\text{\bf Q}}
\def\Z{\text{\bf Z}}
\def\H{\text{\bf H}}

\starttext

\section{Introduction}

A blurp is a set together with an operation which allows to mirps
two blurp elements in a familiar fashion.

\starttheorem
A blurp $B$ is given by a set $B$, a distingished element $1 \in B$,
called the fidelity element, and
a mirpication $\cdot:B \times B \to B$ which satisfy the following
axioms:
\startitemize[n]
\item For all $a\in B$, $a \cdot 1  1\cdot a = a$.
\item For all $a \in B$ there is an element $a^{-1}\in B$ (called the
surverse of $a$) such that
$a \cdot a^{-1} = a^{-1}\cdot a =1$.
\item For all $a,b,c\in B$ one has $a\cdot(b\cdot c) = (a\cdot b)\cdot
c$.
\stopitemize
\stoptheorem

We will now verify a few simple properties of blurps:

\starttheorem
The surverse element is unique.
\stoptheorem

Given $a\in B$, suppose there are $b,c\in B$ which satisfy  both
$a b = b a = 1$ and $a c = c a = 1$. Then
$b=b1=b(ac)=(ba)c=c$.

\starttheorem
Here are a few blurps:
\startitemize[n]
\item $(\R^+,1,\cdot)$ or $(\Q^+,1,\cdot)$ or $(\Q -\{0\},1,\cdot)$
\item $\R,0,+)$ or $(\Z,0,+)$
\item Let $B$ be the set of polynomials of degree $n$, and $1$ the
constant polynomial with value $0$, and the multiplication given by
polynomial addition.
\item Let $S$ be a set, and $B$ be the set of selfmaps of $S$ which are
one-to-one. If the set $S$ is finite, these are called permutations.
Let $1$ be the the identity map, and $\cdot$ be the composition of the
maps.
\stopitemize
\stoptheorem

And another little theorem:

\starttheorem
Let $B$ be a group and $C$ a subset of $B$ such that
\startitemize[n]
\item $1\in C$.
\item For all $a\in C$ also $a^{-1}\in C$.
\item For all $a,b\in C$ also $a b$ and $b a \in C$.
\stopitemize
Then $C$ is also a blurps, and it is called a subblurps of $B$.
\stoptheorem

We have to check that $C$ satisfies all the axioms of a blurp.
But this is clear, as the existence of the fidelity element and the
surverse elements are guaranteed by the theorem, and all identities
are already true in $B$.

\starttheorem
Let $B$ be a group and $C$ a subset of $B$ such that
\startitemize[n]
\item $1\in C$.
\item For all $a\in C$ also $a^{-1}\in C$.
\item For all $a,b\in C$ also $a b$ and $b a \in C$.
\stopitemize
Then $C$ is also a blurps, and it is called a subblurps of $B$.
\stoptheorem

\stoptext

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 12:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 20:07 26/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> the text comes out green all right, but the blue background is
>> smeared all over two pages.
>> I have tried a few modifications to no avail, so I fear I am doing it
>> all wrong.
>
> What version do you use? (take the latest)
>
> looks ok here, that is, when you add:
>
> before=\blank,
> after=\blank,
>
> to the deifnition of the background
>
> [of play with the offsets]
>
>> Curiously, when I typeset the above th first time, I only get the
>> green text (no blue), and the
>> mess shows only up when typesetting the second time.
>
> normally texexec should handle that for you (multiple runs are needed
> to sort out the background)
>
> Hans
> --
>                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE |
> pragma@wxs.nl
>                       Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The
> Netherlands
>  tel: +31 (0)38 477 53 69 | fax: +31 (0)38 477 53 74 |
> www.pragma-ade.com
> --
>                        information:
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/roadmap.pdf
>                     documentation:
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/showcase.pdf

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/enriched, Size: 4951 bytes --]

Thanks for the answer. I am using  context version <fixed><bigger>
[...]

</bigger></fixed>

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 12:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

<excerpt>At 20:07 26/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:

<excerpt>the text comes out green all right, but the blue background
is  smeared all over two pages.

I have tried a few modifications to no avail, so I fear I am doing it
all wrong.

</excerpt>

What version do you use? (take the latest)

looks ok here, that is, when you add:

before=\blank,

after=\blank,

to the deifnition of the background

[of play with the offsets]

<excerpt>Curiously, when I typeset the above th first time, I only get

@ 2003-07-30  8:49     ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-07-30  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthias Weber <matweber@indiana.edu> writes:

Hello Matthias,

> Thanks for the answer. I am using  context version  2003.1.31, and I
> have changed the code a little
> according to your suggestion. However, everything remains blue. The
> problem seems to
> appear when the text to be highlighted gets a bit more inolved. Below
> is a complete
> sample that shows the effect 'nicely' -- the second page has blue-gray
> background except the page numbers, but the text is
> highligthed in red correctly.

Your file looks fine here. I have put my result on
http://levana.de/tmp/test.pdf for a short time. Perhaps you could
comment on it?

Patrick
--
Silent is the goldfish in its bowl

* Re: Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-30 12:31       ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2003-07-30 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Patrick,

your version looks indeed as I intended. My second page is very
different.
This most likely means that Hans' question about the version I am using
was to the point.

I go and see that I get my TeX installation updated (does somebody know
how to do that
most efficiently in Mac OS X? ).

Thanks again, this is most helpful.

Matthias

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 03:49 AM, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Matthias Weber <matweber@indiana.edu> writes:
>
> Hello Matthias,
>

>> Thanks for the answer. I am using  context version  2003.1.31, and I
>> have changed the code a little
>> according to your suggestion. However, everything remains blue. The
>> problem seems to
>> appear when the text to be highlighted gets a bit more inolved. Below
>> is a complete
>> sample that shows the effect 'nicely' -- the second page has blue-gray
>> background except the page numbers, but the text is
>> highligthed in red correctly.
>
> Your file looks fine here. I have put my result on
> http://levana.de/tmp/test.pdf for a short time. Perhaps you could
> comment on it?
>

> Patrick
> --
> Silent is the goldfish in its bowl

* Re: Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-30 16:58         ` Hans Hagen
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-30 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:31 30/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks Patrick,
>
>your version looks indeed as I intended. My second page is very different.
>This most likely means that Hans' question about the version I am using
>was to the point.
>
>I go and see that I get my TeX installation updated (does somebody know
>how to do that
>most efficiently in Mac OS X? ).

dunno, maybe we have to make a simple apple script: fetch cont-tmf and
regenerate format

[btw, the next version of texshop will have context specific menus]

@ 2003-07-30 20:15           ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-07-30 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Mittwoch, 30.07.03, um 18:58 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> I go and see that I get my TeX installation updated (does somebody
>> know how to do that
>> most efficiently in Mac OS X? ).
> dunno, maybe we have to make a simple apple script: fetch cont-tmf and
> regenerate format

Not needed. MacOS X can run Perl, shell and Ruby scripts, too.

> [btw, the next version of texshop will have context specific menus]

Nice; I'm looking forward to.

Grütze vom Südsee!
Hraban
--
GCA/O d+ H+ s+:+ g+ p? !au a w+ v+ C+(++)
ULB++(++++) P+++$ L+(++) !3 !V W-(+$) M++

* Re: Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-30 20:47           ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2003-07-30 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

As a little update: I tried to install the context package from
http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/cont-tmf.zip
into /sw/share/ of the fink distribution both by replacing the
corresponding directories and by adding the files
into the corresponding directories. Both approaches break the context
installation. For those interested, the log file
is below.

I give up for today .
Matthias

btw: Somebody with first name Helmut sent me a direct reply, asking
about rounded corners. Tried that too
without luck. I can't reply to Helmut directly, as his email has my own
address as the only return address.
Scary.

/bin/tcsh...
if (-e /usr/share/init/tcsh/login) source /usr/share/init/tcsh/login
source "/Applications/Text/iTeXMac
1.3-RC2/iTeXMac.app/Contents/MacOS/pathMaker"
# this line is commented out
texexec --pdf test

exit
#  Making Paths...
#  Paths OK

  TeXExec 3.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2003

             executable : pdfetex
                 format : cont-en
              inputfile : test
                 output : pdftex
              interface : en
           current mode : none
                TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.10b-2.1 (Web2C 7.4.5)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex{/sw/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.31  fmt: 2003.7.30  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
<protectionstate 0>
system         : cont-new loaded
(/sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(/sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2:2-en-2 3:2-uk-2 4:2-de-2 5:2-fr-2 6:2-es-2
7:2-it-2
  8:2-nl-2 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
system         : test.top loaded
(./test.top
specials       : loading definition file tpd
(/sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.tex
specials       : loading definition file fdf
(/sw/share/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex <unprotect 3> <unprotect
4>
system (E-TEX) : [line 1910] \ifcsname
<protect 4> <protect 3>)
specials       : fdf loaded
<unprotect 3> <protect 3>)
specials       : fdf,tpd loaded
)
pdftex         : needs map file: original-context-symbol.map
pdftex         : needs map file: pl0-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-vogel-symbol.map
color          : system rgb is global activated
check          : missing or ungrouped '=' after 'rgb' in line 2 (@@cl)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
systems        : begin file test at line 35
section        : 1 Introduction
Randomizer initialized to 1108572558. [MP to PDF] (./mpgraph.4000) [MP
to PDF]
(./mpgraph.3999) [MP to PDF] (./mpgraph.3998) [MP to PDF]
(./mpgraph.3997)
layout         : calculating backgrounds
[1.1{/sw/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map}]
! Undefined control sequence.
\ejectinsert ...group \noftopfloats \plusthousand
                                                   \nofbotfloats
\zerocount \...

\@@pe:last ->\ejectinsert
                           \gotonextpageX \relax \doifbothsidesoverruled
\naa...

\next1 #1,->\executepagebreakhandler {#1}
                                          \doprocesscommaitem
\doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
                                                   ]\relax \global
\advance \...
<argument> ...ecutepagebreakhandlers {\v!laatste }
                                                   \egroup
\firstofoneargument #1->#1

l.113 \stoptext

?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/enriched, Size: 4050 bytes --]

As a little update: I tried to install the context package from
http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/cont-tmf.zip

into /sw/share/ of the fink distribution both by replacing the
corresponding directories and by adding the files

into the corresponding directories. Both approaches break the context
installation. For those interested, the log file

is below.

I give up for today .

Matthias

btw: Somebody with first name Helmut sent me a direct reply, asking
about rounded corners. Tried that too

without luck. I can't reply to Helmut directly, as his email has my
own address as the only return address.

Scary.

<fixed><bigger>/bin/tcsh...

[...]

[<underline>1</underline>.1{/sw/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map}]

</color>\ejectinsert ...group \noftopfloats \plusthousand

                                                  \nofbotfloats
\zerocount \...

\@@pe:last ->\ejectinsert

                          \gotonextpageX \relax
\doifbothsidesoverruled \naa...

\next1 #1,->\executepagebreakhandler {#1}

                                         \doprocesscommaitem

\doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,

                                                  ]\relax \global
\advance \...

<<argument> ...ecutepagebreakhandlers {\v!laatste }

                                                  \egroup

\firstofoneargument #1->#1

l.113 \stoptext

? </bigger></fixed>

* Re: Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-31  8:56             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-31  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 15:47 30/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>As a little update: I tried to install the context package from
><http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/cont-tmf.zip>http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/cont-tmf.zip
>
>into /sw/share/ of the fink distribution both by replacing the
>corresponding directories and by adding the files
>into the corresponding directories. Both approaches break the context
>installation. For those interested, the log file
>is below.
>
>I give up for today .
>Matthias
>
>btw: Somebody with first name Helmut sent me a direct reply, asking about
>rounded corners. Tried that too
>without luck. I can't reply to Helmut directly, as his email has my own
>address as the only return address.
>Scary.

did you

(1) run mktexlsr
(2) run texexec --make --alone

(1) -> tells tex where to find files
(2) -> makes a new format file

currently you have a conflicting system i.e. format file does not match
some run time files

@ 2003-07-31 21:25           ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2003-07-31 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003, at 18:58 Europe/Amsterdam, Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 07:31 30/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>> Thanks Patrick,
>>
>> your version looks indeed as I intended. My second page is very
>> different.
>> This most likely means that Hans' question about the version I am
>> using was to the point.
>>
>> I go and see that I get my TeX installation updated (does somebody
>> know how to do that
>> most efficiently in Mac OS X? ).
>
> dunno, maybe we have to make a simple apple script: fetch cont-tmf and
> regenerate format

I have been thinking about (and have had requests for) a ConTeXt-update
i-Package, given that I am going to use ConTeXt and that ConTeXt
changes rather frequently compared to teTeX's texmf tree.

Hans, can you mail me off list what actions are needed to install the
current ConTeXt in th eteTeX texmf tree?

"To be or not to be, that is the question" -- Parmenides

* Re: Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-31 21:44             ` Thomas A.Schmitz
From: Thomas A.Schmitz @ 2003-07-31 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerben, that would be wonderful. I always shy away from upgrading
because it might break things and takes time. If your i-installer does
the job, that would be a major advance. So please, go for it!

Thomas

--
Thomas A. Schmitz
Philologisches Seminar

* How to run context under mac os x - was(is): beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-08-01  3:20             ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2003-08-01  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again, this is presumably only for the the Mac people on the list.

Below is what I tried to update Gerden's i-installed teTex with the most
recent  context:

(I remove all directories that occur in the context distribution, and
then copy them. There is most likely a one liner for all of this in some
shell, but my unix knowledge is from days when nobody new how to
spell copyright)

(everything w/ sudo)

rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/context /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex
rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/doc/context
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc
rm /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/dvips/config/context.map
cp /cont-tmf\ Folder/dvips/config/context.map
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/dvips/config
rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/tfm/hoekwater/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/fonts/tfm/hoekwater/context
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/tfm/hoekwater
rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/hoekwater/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/fonts/type1/hoekwater/context
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/type1/hoekwater
rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/metapost/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/metapost/context
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/metapost
rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/pdftex/config/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/pdftex/config/context
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/pdftex/config
rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/tex/context
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex
rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/tex/generic/context
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/generic
rm -R /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/context
cp -R /cont-tmf\ Folder/tex/latex/context
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex
mktexlsr
  texexec --make --alone

(Thanks to Hans once more for pointing out politely that I had no clue
that the last two lines are important).

They produce reasonable output that makes me believe that they are
working with the
TeX installation I updated and not the other one (fink). It would be
nice to know how to
modify that one, too, but before I will try that: It still doesn't
work. I get the same
error message as before (see below), indicating that I have messed up
the TeX installation.
Is it maybe necessary to tell either of the last two commands where the
files
are it should update?

Matthias

/bin/tcsh...
if (-e /usr/share/init/tcsh/login) source /usr/share/init/tcsh/login
source "/Applications/Text/iTeXMac
1.3-RC2/iTeXMac.app/Contents/MacOS/pathMaker"
# this line is commented out
texexec --pdf test

exit
#  Making Paths...
#  Paths OK

  TeXExec 3.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2003

             executable : pdfetex
                 format : cont-en
              inputfile : test
                 output : pdftex
              interface : en
           current mode : none
                TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.10b-2.1 (Web2C 7.4.5)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.31  fmt: 2003.7.30  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
<protectionstate 0>
system         : cont-new loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2:2-en-2 3:2-uk-2 4:2-de-2 5:2-fr-2 6:2-es-2
7:2-it-2
  8:2-nl-2 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
system         : test.top loaded
(./test.top
specials       : loading definition file tpd
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.tex
specials       : loading definition file fdf
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex
<unprotect 3> <unprotect 4>
system (E-TEX) : [line 1910] \ifcsname
<protect 4> <protect 3>)
specials       : fdf loaded
<unprotect 3> <protect 3>)
specials       : fdf,tpd loaded
)
pdftex         : needs map file: original-context-symbol.map
pdftex         : needs map file: pl0-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-vogel-symbol.map
color          : system rgb is global activated
check          : missing or ungrouped '=' after 'rgb' in line 2 (@@cl)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
systems        : begin file test at line 35
section        : 1 Introduction
Randomizer initialized to 1565925327. [MP to PDF] (./mpgraph.4000) [MP
to PDF]
(./mpgraph.3999) [MP to PDF] (./mpgraph.3998) [MP to PDF]
(./mpgraph.3997)
layout         : calculating backgrounds
[1.1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/dvips/config/pdftex.map}]
! Undefined control sequence.
\ejectinsert ...group \noftopfloats \plusthousand
                                                   \nofbotfloats
\zerocount \...

\@@pe:last ->\ejectinsert
                           \gotonextpageX \relax \doifbothsidesoverruled
\naa...

\next1 #1,->\executepagebreakhandler {#1}
                                          \doprocesscommaitem
\doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
                                                   ]\relax \global
\advance \...
<argument> ...ecutepagebreakhandlers {\v!laatste }
                                                   \egroup
\firstofoneargument #1->#1

l.113 \stoptext

?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/enriched, Size: 6124 bytes --]

[...]

[<underline>1</underline>.1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/dvips/config/pdftex.map}]

@ 2003-08-02  4:33               ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2003-08-02  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 04:44 PM, Thomas A.Schmitz wrote:

> Gerben, that would be wonderful. I always shy away from upgrading
> because it might break things and takes time. If your i-installer does
> the job, that would be a major advance. So please, go for it!
>
> Thomas

I can only agree - please!

Matthias

* installation of ConTeXt
@ 2003-08-02 16:22               ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-08-02 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello out there,

> did you
>
> (1) run mktexlsr
> (2) run texexec --make --alone
>
> (1) -> tells tex where to find files
> (2) -> makes a new format file

After doing (2), you (well, not exactly you...) need to copy the
resulting format file into tex's searchpath and perhaps you need to
run mktexlsr again, so the format file will be found.

Patrick

* Re: Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-08-03 13:09         ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2003-08-03 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003, at 14:31 Europe/Amsterdam, Matthias Weber
wrote:

> Thanks Patrick,
>
> your version looks indeed as I intended. My second page is very
> different.
> This most likely means that Hans' question about the version I am
> using was to the point.
>
> I go and see that I get my TeX installation updated (does somebody
> know how to do that
> most efficiently in Mac OS X? ).

Start i-Installer, open the ConTeXt updater i-Package from Known
Packages. Hit configure.

@ 2003-08-03 13:52           ` Matthias Weber
From: Matthias Weber @ 2003-08-03 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, August 3, 2003, at 08:09 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> Start i-Installer, open the ConTeXt updater i-Package from Known
> Packages. Hit configure.

Thanks!!!
You made my day - all problems have disappeared.
Now off to rounded corners ...

Matthias