* font mapfiles
@ 2005-05-12 13:00 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2005-05-12 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just had to reinstall my TeX installation (upgrade to OS X 10.4).
After mucking around with my old TeX, I decided to reinstall, and I
hit a problem: even though I ran updmap, ConTeXt doesn't seem to work
with the fonts I installed myself unless I include the \loadmapfile
[foo] either in the typescript or in the source file. This wasn't the
case before. I also tried moving the mapfiles to texmf/fonts/map/
pdftex/context insteadt of just fonts/map/, but that didn't change
anything. Am I missing something obvious, or is this the expected
behavior? I much prefer to have system-wide mapfiles since I use
LaTeX from time to time and want the same fonts available there. They
work with plain pdfetex as well, it's just ConTeXt that gives
trouble. So my question is: is this the new setup, are we supposed to
load mapfiles this way, and what is the advantage over the old method?

Thanks!

Thomas

* font mapfiles
@ 2005-05-17 15:14 Thomas A. Schmitz