From: Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: mkiv in endless loop
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:03:13 +0100	[thread overview]

Am 08.02.2013 um 10:54 schrieb geert dobbels <dobbels.geert@googlemail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using context rather extensively until 2008 and then moved to another job where I did not use anything tex related.  After those nearly 5 years, I decided to pick up context again.
>
> I wanted to try mkiv because the possibility of using openfonts looked interesting, so I made a tex file based on one that worked years ago, changed the font definitions to the texgyre fonts and gave it a try.  The font defs seem to be ok (at least there are no error msges related to fonts) but after context gets through my tex file, it enters an endless loop which I have to interrupt.  I checked the file over and over and cannot find any error.  I tested a short "hello world" tex file, and that one worked fine.
>
> any clues on what could be going on here ?

Provide a example and when possible try to change the dutch commands to english to test if the error remains.

>  1 >>  % interface=nl
>  2     \startonderdeel R79_OVA \omgeving homolo
>  3     \starttekst
>  4     \def\vehiculo{OVA} \def\directivanr{R79} \def\gendatum{8--2--2013}
>  5             \stelachtergrondenin[status=stop]
>  6             \def\textdir{Textos/OVA/}

Please change the name of the \textdir command because there is already a primitive with this name.

When you need your own macros to store text use Camel Case or better use \setvariables and \getvariable to set and access the strings.

Wolfgang