From: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
To: "Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد" <ishamid@colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: seeking 'hello world' example for Arabic typesetting with conTeXt
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:50:58 +0100	[thread overview]

2010/11/29 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:03:06 -0700, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
> OK: In that case, let's include the standard Scheharezade as is in the
> minimals until another unicode-complete font comes along. It has an Open
> Font License so should be no problem.
>
> Mojca: Till then, where do you suggest placing Scheharezade in the tree?

If we make some font the default one ... it makes sense to put it on
CTAN and include it in TeX Live as well, right?

Mojca

But then ... I somehow find it a bit weird to have Arabic fallback
inside Latin Modern unless a user requests that explicitely and also
says which font he wants to use. That it: I would suggest to have some
setting that would tell exactly which glyphs to replace in the main
font, which features to use ... but then the user would say that this
font needs to be added.

That is: are we also going to add Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Ethiopic,
... etc. scripts, all inside the one default font?