* Is it possible to generate only a table of contents
@ 2011-03-18  8:32 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-03-18  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to generate only a TOC? (\completecontent) When creating a
document I like to have the 'stakeholders' to have an indication of what is
going on. For this a TOC is enough. I could create the document and cut out
the TOC, but it would be simpler if that could be auto generated.

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Is it possible to generate only a table of contents
@ 2011-03-18  9:09 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2011-03-18  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.03.2011 um 09:32 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> Is it possible to generate only a TOC? (\completecontent) When creating a document I like to have the 'stakeholders' to have an indication of what is going on. For this a TOC is enough. I could create the document and cut out the TOC, but it would be simpler if that could be auto generated.

In MkII this was possible by accessing the TUO file (which contains the TOC entry information) directly and independently .

When typesetting a document "MyFile.tex" there is an accompanied TUO file generated "MyFile.tuo".
Just copy this file and re-name to eg. MyFileX.tuo

Then you can run \placelist[chapter, section,...][file=MyFile] from any document that contain these line:

\unprotect
\def\FrozenTUO{../MyFileX}
\def\doplacerawlist[#1][#2]%
  {\begingroup
   \dogetcommalistelement1\from#1\to\firstlistelement
   \dosetuplist[#1][#2]%
   \doifvalue{\??li\firstlistelement\c!coupling}\v!on
     {\startlistreferences{#1}}%
   \dosettoclevel\??li\firstlistelement
   \honorlocalfilterlevel
   \doutilities{listentries,#1}\FrozenTUO{#1}\relax\par
   \stoplistreferences{#1}%
   \dosetlistmode
   \endgroup}
\protect

In MkIV this is not possible up to now due to the completely different structure of TOU and TUC files (see Hans below) ... unfortunately.

Steffen

@ 2011-03-18  9:35 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-03-18  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to generate only a TOC? (\completecontent) When
> creating a document I like to have the 'stakeholders' to have an
> indication of what is going on. For this a TOC is enough. I could
> create the document and cut out the TOC, but it would be simpler if
> that could be auto generated.

Perhaps a starting point:

\startbuffer[mydocument]
\completecontent
\dorecurse{50}{\expanded{\chapter{Chapter \recurselevel}}}
\stopbuffer

\setuplayout[page]
\starttext
% Here, you must know the number of pages of the toc.
% Certaninly, this can be done much better!
\dorecurse{3}{\typesetbuffer[mydocument][page=\recurselevel]}
\stoptext

--
           Peter

* Re: Is it possible to generate only a table of contents
@ 2011-03-18 11:19   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-03-18 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:
> Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Is it possible to generate only a TOC? (\completecontent) When
>> creating a document I like to have the 'stakeholders' to have an
>> indication of what is going on. For this a TOC is enough. I could
>> create the document and cut out the TOC, but it would be simpler if
>> that could be auto generated.
>
> Perhaps a starting point:
>
> \startbuffer[mydocument]
> \completecontent
> \dorecurse{50}{\expanded{\chapter{Chapter \recurselevel}}}
> \stopbuffer
>
> \setuplayout[page]
> \starttext
> % Here, you must know the number of pages of the toc.
> % Certaninly, this can be done much better!
> \dorecurse{3}{\typesetbuffer[mydocument][page=\recurselevel]}
> \stoptext
there is a
\discardpage
OTR macro, I've never used it.