* Wrong cross references
@ 2011-03-25 13:10 Alasdair McAndrew
From: Alasdair McAndrew @ 2011-03-25 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have seen this discussed once somewhere else, but I can't find it.  Here's
the problem: two equations in my document have been given numbers (1) and
(2), but the references to them come up as (2) and (3) respectively.  I have
used:

\definereferenceformat [ineqn] [left=(,right=),text=equation]

to obtain their references.

What is going on here?  And is there an easier way to obtain parentheses
around a reference number, so that "we see from equation (6)" instead of "we
see from equation 6"?

Thanks
Alasdair

--
Blog: http://amca01.wordpress.com
Web:  http://bit.ly/Alasdair

* Re: Wrong cross references
@ 2011-03-25 22:09 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-03-25 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011, Alasdair McAndrew wrote:

> I have seen this discussed once somewhere else, but I can't find it.  Here's
> the problem: two equations in my document have been given numbers (1) and
> (2), but the references to them come up as (2) and (3) respectively.  I have
> used:
>
> \definereferenceformat [ineqn] [left=(,right=),text=equation]
>
> to obtain their references.
>
> What is going on here?

A minimal example is needed.

>  And is there an easier way to obtain parentheses
> around a reference number, so that "we see from equation (6)" instead of "we
> see from equation 6"?

\definereferenceformat is the correct way to do this.

Aditya

* Re: Wrong cross references
@ 2011-03-25 22:26   ` Alasdair McAndrew
From: Alasdair McAndrew @ 2011-03-25 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)