* Section number inside TABLE
@ 2010-11-04  9:36 Vedran Miletić
From: Vedran Miletić @ 2010-11-04  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Consider the following code:

%\setuphead[section][after={\hairline}]

\starttext

\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD
\section{my section}
\input tufte
\eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

\stoptext

There are two things that are worth mentioning:

1. When compiling with either MkIV or MkII, section number will appear as 3.

2. Uncommenting the setuphead line makes number appear as 4 in MkII, MkIV
doesn't change.

Any ideas?

--
Vedran Miletić

* Re: Section number inside TABLE
@ 2010-11-04  9:40 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-11-04  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.11.2010 um 10:36 schrieb Vedran Miletić:

> Consider the following code:
>
> %\setuphead[section][after={\hairline}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \bTABLE
> \bTR \bTD

\iftrialtypesetting\else

> \section{my section}

\fi

> \input tufte
> \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLE
>
> \stoptext

What do you want to achieve with this, maybe there is a better solution for your problem.

Wolfgang

* Re: Section number inside TABLE
@ 2010-11-04  9:42 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-11-04  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/11/4 Vedran Miletić <rivanvx@gmail.com>:
> Consider the following code:
>
> %\setuphead[section][after={\hairline}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \bTABLE
> \bTR \bTD
> \section{my section}
> \input tufte
> \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLE
>
> \stoptext
>
> There are two things that are worth mentioning:
>
> 1. When compiling with either MkIV or MkII, section number will appear as 3.
>
> 2. Uncommenting the setuphead line makes number appear as 4 in MkII, MkIV
> doesn't change.
>
> Any ideas?
I suspect that the \bTABLE..\eTABLE is typesetted a few times before
actually put on mvl.

--
luigi

* Re: Section number inside TABLE
@ 2010-11-04 10:01   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-11-04 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-11-2010 10:42, luigi scarso wrote:
> 2010/11/4 Vedran Miletić<rivanvx@gmail.com>:
>> Consider the following code:
>>
>> %\setuphead[section][after={\hairline}]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \bTABLE
>> \bTR \bTD
>> \section{my section}
>> \input tufte
>> \eTD \eTR
>> \eTABLE
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> There are two things that are worth mentioning:
>>
>> 1. When compiling with either MkIV or MkII, section number will appear as 3.
>>
>> 2. Uncommenting the setuphead line makes number appear as 4 in MkII, MkIV
>> doesn't change.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> I suspect that the \bTABLE..\eTABLE is typesetted a few times before
> actually put on mvl.

indeed, and putting section commands in tables is a bad idea anyway as
such heads really assume the mvl unless one sets it up to do otherwise
(i.e. decouple the definition from the rendering)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-11-04 19:42   ` Vedran Miletić
From: Vedran Miletić @ 2010-11-04 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)