* bib: ignoring 'criterium=cite'
@ 2010-11-26 23:39 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-11-26 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Taco/Hans,

In MKIV the argument criterium=cite is ignored: I get the complete
list of publications even though some of them are never cited
anywhere. In MKII the list shows up just fine.

On top of that the space between number [n] and bibliography item is
simply too small when 10 or more bibliography items are used (in MKII
it is fine). On the other hand MKII doesn't have enough blank space
between title and the start of bibliography listing (I remember that
bug since 2006 at least), while it is OK in MKIV.

I use:

\setuppublications
	[alternative=num,
	 criterium=cite,
	 sorttype=cite]

But I will send a complete minimal example, hopefully tomorrow.

Mojca

* Re: bib: ignoring 'criterium=cite'
@ 2010-11-26 23:46 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-11-26 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh, and one more thing.

I strongly suspect that [sorttype=cite] is slightly misbehaving (it
prints out some bibliography items that are not cited at all in the
beginning of list; most probably in MKII as well), but that might be
connected with the fact that it simply writes out all the items. I
would expect the non-cited items to come last.

I have:
    \startpublication[a1] ...
    \startpublication[a2] ...
    \startpublication[a3] ...
    \startpublication[b1] ...
    \startpublication[b2] ...
    \startpublication[b3] ...

    \nocite[b1]
    \nocite[b2]
    \nocite[b3]
    % a* are not cited at all

but it prints out a1, a2, a3, b1, b2, b3. In my opinion the
noncited/nonmentionedatall items should come last. (In my case they
should not be printed out at all, but ...)

@ 2010-11-29 17:35 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-11-29 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

Here's a minimal example that I have promissed, showing the
misbehaviour of bib module in MKIV. I have realized later that there's
another thread running (under the name "Bibliography contains
references not cited in the text") with basically the same bug report.
The behaviour in MKII perfectly fine.

\usemodule
	[bib]
\setuppublications
	[alternative=num,
	 criterium=cite,
	 sorttype=cite]

\setuppublicationlayout[web]{%
	{\sc url}: \inserturl{}{}{}%
}

\startpublication[k=a,t=web]
\biburl{http://pragma-ade.com}
\stoppublication
\startpublication[k=b,t=web]
\biburl{http://contextgarden.net}
\stoppublication
\startpublication[k=c,t=web]
\biburl{http://ntg.nl}
\stoppublication

\starttext

(ntg should be 1, but invisible: \nocite[c])
(pragma should be 2: \cite[a])

% this is OK (try to [un]comment)
\placepublications

\section{Section}

% this is completely wrong; but I cannot avoid criterium=all,
% else nothing is written at all
\placepublications[criterium=all]

\stoptext

Mojca

@ 2010-11-29 17:40   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-11-29 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

and here is a minimal example for another problem - not enough space
between the number and bibliography listing (it only shows
misbehaviour in MKIV; I yet need to test what happens in MKII). In
this particular case it only becomes a problem when the number reaches
3 places (100 items), but with my font settings it's already a problem
at number 10.

\usemodule
	[bib]
\setuppublications
	[alternative=num]

\setuppublicationlayout[web]{%
	{\sc url}: \inserturl{}{}{}%
}

\dorecurse{1200}{\startpublication[k=a\recurselevel,t=web]
\biburl{http://pragma-ade.nl}\stoppublication}

\starttext
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext