* slide steps again
@ 2011-03-06 23:05 Curiouslearn
From: Curiouslearn @ 2011-03-06 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

I am making some slides using the Swoosh style in simpleslides module.
I wanted to reveal some content sequentially. I read the messages here
and learn about pre-stepwise.

I tried the following. It does not, however, work.

              \usemodule[simpleslides][style=Swoosh]
              \usemodule[pre-stepwise]

              \starttext
              \SlideTitle{Context can be used for \dots}

             \StartSteps

             \startitemize[n]
              \item
                  Writing your articles \FlushStep
              \item
                  Making slides for presentations \FlushStep
             \stopitemize

            \StopSteps

           \SlideTitle{Context Wish List}

              Can someone please enhance simpleslides so that one can
do as many things with it as with Beamer?

             \stoptext

The material on first slide does not appear. When one clicks next, one
goes directly to the next slide. I am using

ConTeXt  ver: 2010.12.15 13:04 MKIV  fmt: 2010.12.15  int: english/english

Thanks,
Bharat

* Re: slide steps again
@ 2011-03-06 23:21 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-03-06 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Curiouslearn wrote:

> I am making some slides using the Swoosh style in simpleslides module.
> I wanted to reveal some content sequentially.

simpleslides does not support stepwise presentation of material.

I occasionally use the following macros for quick and dirty stepwise
effects. This is for really simple material (no counters, no glues ...)

\usemodule[simpleslides][style=Swoosh]
\def\StartSteps#1#2\StopSteps%
    {\dorecurse{#1}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\gobble}}
     \dorecurse{#1}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\oneofone} #2}}

\long\def\gobble#1{}
\long\def\oneofone#1{#1}

\starttext
\StartSteps{3}
\SlideTitle{Context can be used for \dots}

\null

\startitemize[n]
   \2{\item Writing your articles}

   \3{ \item Making slides for presentations }
\stopitemize

\StopSteps

\stoptext

* Re: slide steps again
@ 2011-03-06 23:54   ` Curiouslearn
From: Curiouslearn @ 2011-03-06 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Aditya! I will try this. But I suppose this will not work with
TikZ (revealing parts of a drawing sequentially). I think neither does
pre-stepwise (if I am wrong about this, that would be nice)

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Curiouslearn wrote:
>
>> I am making some slides using the Swoosh style in simpleslides module.
>> I wanted to reveal some content sequentially.
>
> simpleslides does not support stepwise presentation of material.
>
> I occasionally use the following macros for quick and dirty stepwise
> effects. This is for really simple material (no counters, no glues ...)
>
> \usemodule[simpleslides][style=Swoosh]
> \def\StartSteps#1#2\StopSteps%
>   {\dorecurse{#1}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\gobble}}
>    \dorecurse{#1}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\oneofone} #2}}
>
> \long\def\gobble#1{}
> \long\def\oneofone#1{#1}
>
> \starttext
> \StartSteps{3}
> \SlideTitle{Context can be used for \dots}
>
> \null
>
> \startitemize[n]
>  \2{\item Writing your articles}
>
>  \3{ \item Making slides for presentations }
> \stopitemize
>
> \StopSteps
>
> \stoptext

* Re: slide steps again
@ 2011-04-25 11:57   ` Vedran Miletić
From: Vedran Miletić @ 2011-04-25 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/3/7 Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>

> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Curiouslearn wrote:
>
>  I am making some slides using the Swoosh style in simpleslides module.
>> I wanted to reveal some content sequentially.
>>

> simpleslides does not support stepwise presentation of material.
>
> I occasionally use the following macros for quick and dirty stepwise
> effects. This is for really simple material (no counters, no glues ...)
>
> \usemodule[simpleslides][style=Swoosh]
> \def\StartSteps#1#2\StopSteps%
>   {\dorecurse{#1}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\gobble}}
>    \dorecurse{#1}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\oneofone} #2}}
>
> \long\def\gobble#1{}
> \long\def\oneofone#1{#1}
>
> \starttext
> \StartSteps{3}
>
> \SlideTitle{Context can be used for \dots}
>
> \null
>
> \startitemize[n]
>  \2{\item Writing your articles}
>
>  \3{ \item Making slides for presentations }
> \stopitemize
>
> \StopSteps
>
> \stoptext

Hi,

this is awesome, but could you please explain why it works? I don't
understand what is defined by \def\StartSteps#1#2\StopSteps and also why are
\gobble and \oneofone used in such a way when they are single-argument
commands.

Regards,

Vedran Miletić

* Re: slide steps again
@ 2011-04-25 15:24     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-04-25 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Vedran Miletić wrote:

> 2011/3/7 Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>
>
>> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011, Curiouslearn wrote:
>>
>>  I am making some slides using the Swoosh style in simpleslides module.
>>> I wanted to reveal some content sequentially.
>>>

>> simpleslides does not support stepwise presentation of material.
>>
>> I occasionally use the following macros for quick and dirty stepwise
>> effects. This is for really simple material (no counters, no glues ...)
>>
>> \usemodule[simpleslides][style=Swoosh]
>> \def\StartSteps#1#2\StopSteps%
>>   {\dorecurse{#1}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\gobble}}
>>    \dorecurse{#1}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\oneofone} #2}}
>>
>> \long\def\gobble#1{}
>> \long\def\oneofone#1{#1}
>>
>> \starttext
>> \StartSteps{3}
>>
>> \SlideTitle{Context can be used for \dots}
>>
>> \null
>>
>> \startitemize[n]
>>  \2{\item Writing your articles}
>>
>>  \3{ \item Making slides for presentations }
>> \stopitemize
>>
>> \StopSteps
>>
>> \stoptext
>

> Hi,
>
> this is awesome, but could you please explain why it works? I don't
> understand what is defined by \def\StartSteps#1#2\StopSteps and also

\def\StartSteps#{count}#{body}\StopSteps
    {% Initialization
     % for i = 1 upto count :
     %   set csname(i) = gobble
     \dorecurse{#{count}}{\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\gobble}}
     %
     % Now typeset #{body} for #{count} number of times.
     % In each iteration set csname(i) = oneofone
     \dorecurse{#{count}}
         {\long\setvalue{\recurselevel}{\oneofone}%
          #2}}

> why are \gobble and \oneofone used in such a way when they are
> single-argument commands.

I could have just \letvalue{\recurselevel}\gobble and
\letvalue{\recurselevel}\oneofone.

Aditya

* Re: slide steps again
@ 2011-03-07  9:41 ` Curiouslearn
From: Curiouslearn @ 2011-03-07  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for pointing me to this, Dalyoung.

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Jeong Dalyoung <haksan@me.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you want to reveal parts of a drawing sequentially, you may try MetaFun and AdobeReader.
>
> There is a sample  in 13.6 Growing graphics, metafun manual(metafun-p).
>
> It needs your time but the result is very nice.
>
> I hope you enjoy it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dalyoung

* Re: slide steps again