* ConTeXt in MiKTeX
@ 2011-03-10 17:26 Carlos Breton Besnier
From: Carlos Breton Besnier @ 2011-03-10 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello.
I need ConTeXt Mark IV environment on a USB stick because I don´t have
administrative rights over the computer. The operating system is windows. I
downloaded MiKTex 2.9 portable (Texworks) and ConTeXt package but I can not
get it run. I've searched on the web how configurate Texworks but I did not
find a manual.
Could you help me? Thanks.

* Re: ConTeXt in MiKTeX
@ 2011-03-10 17:29 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-03-10 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 18:26, Carlos Breton Besnier wrote:
> Hello.
> I need ConTeXt Mark IV environment on a USB stick because I don´t have
> administrative rights over the computer. The operating system is windows. I
> downloaded MiKTex 2.9 portable (Texworks) and ConTeXt package but I can not
> get it run. I've searched on the web how configurate Texworks but I did not
> find a manual.

Somebody would have to test, but one thing that is sure is that at
every location where you plan to put the USB stick you will have to
run "luatools --generate" and "context --make" before compiling the
document. This has been fixed recently, but is not part of MikTeX yet.

Where exactly do you get stuck?

Mojca

* Re: ConTeXt in MiKTeX
@ 2011-03-10 17:55   ` Carlos Breton Besnier
From: Carlos Breton Besnier @ 2011-03-10 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/3/10 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 18:26, Carlos Breton Besnier wrote:
> > Hello.
> > I need ConTeXt Mark IV environment on a USB stick because I don´t have
> > administrative rights over the computer. The operating system is windows.
> > downloaded MiKTex 2.9 portable (Texworks) and ConTeXt package but I can
> not
> > get it run. I've searched on the web how configurate Texworks but I did
> not
> > find a manual.
>
> Somebody would have to test, but one thing that is sure is that at
> every location where you plan to put the USB stick you will have to
> run "luatools --generate" and "context --make" before compiling the
> document. This has been fixed recently, but is not part of MikTeX yet.
>
> Where exactly do you get stuck?
>
> Mojca

In the beginning:
! Undefined control sequence
l.1 \starttext

I can´t configure texworks.

* Re: ConTeXt in MiKTeX
@ 2011-03-11 18:41     ` Carlos Breton Besnier
From: Carlos Breton Besnier @ 2011-03-11 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/3/10 Carlos Breton Besnier <breton.carlos@gmail.com>

> 2011/3/10 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 18:26, Carlos Breton Besnier wrote:
>> > Hello.
>> > I need ConTeXt Mark IV environment on a USB stick because I don´t have
>> > administrative rights over the computer. The operating system is
>> windows. I
>> > downloaded MiKTex 2.9 portable (Texworks) and ConTeXt package but I can
>> not
>> > get it run. I've searched on the web how configurate Texworks but I did
>> not
>> > find a manual.
>>
>> Somebody would have to test, but one thing that is sure is that at
>> every location where you plan to put the USB stick you will have to
>> run "luatools --generate" and "context --make" before compiling the
>> document. This has been fixed recently, but is not part of MikTeX yet.
>>
>> Where exactly do you get stuck?
>>
>> Mojca
>>

> In the beginning:
> ! Undefined control sequence
> l.1 \starttext
>
> I can´t configure texworks.

Oops ... no more answers?
And an alternative to MiKTeX Portable?

* Re: ConTeXt in MiKTeX
@ 2011-03-11 20:44     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-03-11 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 18:55, Carlos Breton Besnier wrote:
> 2011/3/10 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
>
> In the beginning:
> ! Undefined control sequence
> l.1 \starttext
>
> I can´t configure texworks.

This means that you are most probably running plain TeX or LaTeX. In
front of the typset (play) button there is an engine drop-down menu
where you have to select ConTeXt.

But the problem is that with portable MikTeX, you will have to run
    luatools --generate
    context --make
in command line manually (or do some other trickery in texworks, but
anything else is probably more tricky to do than to open cmd and type
the commands from there). Fixing this would require changes that Hans
is most likely not willing to work on since it is an old version of
ConTeXt.

Mojca

* Re: ConTeXt in MiKTeX
@ 2011-03-11 21:01       ` Carlos Breton Besnier