2011/1/19 R. Ermers > > If your acquaintance actually needs an accurate translation into Russian, I > wonder why he would choose Google Translate for that. Remember that Russian > has 7 cases, and a complex verbal system with many different forms, all of > which need to be deduced by Google from the much poorer English prepositions > and the verbal foms in the text. Even though the result will no doubt show > cyrillic words, which looks interesting, the factual result will be rubbish, > and most likely unintelligible to any Russian. > I do not know if he requires Russian, he was talking about Ukrainian. But that maybe has the same problems. Automatic translation is always a problem. I even do not like the results from English to Dutch. But his reasoning is: 'better a badly translated document, as no document'. I am not sure if I agree 100%, but if that is what he wants, who am I to -keep- telling him he is wrong? -- Cecil Westerhof