* Creating graphic file instead of PDF
@ 2010-11-21  6:21 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2010-11-21  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am making flowcharts with ConTeXt. Because the flowcharts have to be
included in other documents, I would like to make graphic files (jpeg,
png, ...). Also not bigger as needed to represent the flowchart.
Can this be done.

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Creating graphic file instead of PDF
@ 2010-11-21  7:48 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-11-21  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am making flowcharts with ConTeXt. Because the flowcharts have to be
> included in other documents, I would like to make graphic files (jpeg,
> png, ...). Also not bigger as needed to represent the flowchart.
> Can this be done.
Just convert the pdf in jpeg with (for example) ghostscript.
--
luigi

* Re: Creating graphic file instead of PDF
@ 2010-11-21  7:53 ` Vnpenguin
From: Vnpenguin @ 2010-11-21  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Import your PDF into Inkscape so you get SVG. From this format you can
export to PNG at any size.

@ 2010-11-21  9:07   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2010-11-21  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/11/21 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>:
>> I am making flowcharts with ConTeXt. Because the flowcharts have to be
>> included in other documents, I would like to make graphic files (jpeg,
>> png, ...). Also not bigger as needed to represent the flowchart.
>> Can this be done.
> Just convert the pdf in jpeg with (for example) ghostscript.

This works, but the problem is that I get an image the size of an A4.
This is mostly whitespace. Is it not possible to only get the used
part?

--

@ 2010-11-21  9:12     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-11-21  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Cecil Westerhof
<cldwesterhof@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/21 luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>:
>>> I am making flowcharts with ConTeXt. Because the flowcharts have to be
>>> included in other documents, I would like to make graphic files (jpeg,
>>> png, ...). Also not bigger as needed to represent the flowchart.
>>> Can this be done.
>> Just convert the pdf in jpeg with (for example) ghostscript.
>
> This works, but the problem is that I get an image the size of an A4.
> This is mostly whitespace. Is it not possible to only get the used
> part?
Maybe wrap your flowcharts-code in \startTEXpage ... \stopTEXpage, ie
something like this
\starttext
\startTEXpage
Put your flowcharts-code here...
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext
--
luigi

* Re: Creating graphic file instead of PDF
@ 2010-11-21  9:38       ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2010-11-21  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> Just convert the pdf in jpeg with (for example) ghostscript.
>>
>> This works, but the problem is that I get an image the size of an A4.
>> This is mostly whitespace. Is it not possible to only get the used
>> part?
> Maybe wrap your flowcharts-code in \startTEXpage ... \stopTEXpage, ie
> something like this
> \starttext
> \startTEXpage
> Put your flowcharts-code here...
> \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext

Works like a charm. Thanks.

By the way instead of gs from ghostscript, you can also use convert
from Image Magick.

--

@ 2010-11-21  9:51         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-11-21  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Cecil Westerhof
<cldwesterhof@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This works, but the problem is that I get an image the size of an A4.
>>> This is mostly whitespace. Is it not possible to only get the used
>>> part?
>> Maybe wrap your flowcharts-code in \startTEXpage ... \stopTEXpage, ie
>> something like this
>> \starttext
>> \startTEXpage
>> Put your flowcharts-code here...
>> \stopTEXpage
>> \stoptext
>
> Works like a charm. Thanks.
>
> By the way instead of gs from ghostscript, you can also use convert
> from Image Magick.
or GraphicsMagick, but as far as I know they still  depend to ghostscript.
An independent way is to convert the pdf  with pdftoppm
and then convert again the ppm to png/jpeg.

--
luigi