On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote: > > On Dec 23, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Jon Crump wrote: > >> My thought, ill-informed perhaps, was simply for clarity: to make it >> clear that I'm using the same value in both \note[] and \footnote[]. >> In any case, sadly, using what you suggest still gets me the same >> result. > > I get correct output here. Try deleting the doublefoot.tuc file and rerunning ConTeXt. mysterious: I tried that and got the same output; both for your version and mine attached .tex and .pdf