* slightly OT: tablets
@ 2010-07-19 17:51 Thomas A. Schmitz
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-07-19 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

this is slightly OT, but maybe someone here has a helpful suggestion: since the announcement of Apple's iPad, tablets have become the rage. I am somewhat underwhelmed by this type of computer, but I see one area where it might be interesting to have one of those babies, and that's presentations. What I'm dreaming about: a tablet that would be able to show my manuscript (of course, a pdf produced with ConTeXt) on it's own screen and drive a presentation (again, pdf) on an external screen/digital projector. That way, I would need only one technical device, no paper etc. for my presentations. I even called Apple, but they said there is no app yet for doing this on an iPad. Do any of you have any insights: is there anything on the market yet that would make this possible? Is it at all feasible
 ? Does it sound like a reasonable idea?

All best

Thomas