* Include path
@ 2011-03-27 17:41 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-03-27 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I defined some things I will use often. At the moment I do something like:
    \input /home/cecil/Documenten/context/include/standard-init.inc

But I would prefer to do something like:
    \input standard-init.inc

Is shorter and when the path changes there is nothing to update.
How should I implement this?

Also is it possible to \input a file relative to the current document?

For example in my standard-init.inc I have:
    \ctxloadluafile{/home/cecil/Documenten/context/include/lua/getdate}
but I would prefer something like:
    \ctxloadluafile{lua/getdate}

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Include path
@ 2011-03-27 17:47 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-27 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 27.03.2011 um 19:41 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> I defined some things I will use often. At the moment I do something like:
>     \input /home/cecil/Documenten/context/include/standard-init.inc
>
> But I would prefer to do something like:
>     \input standard-init.inc
>
> Is shorter and when the path changes there is nothing to update.
> How should I implement this?

Make a module out of the code and put it in texmf-local.

Wolfgang

* Re: Include path
@ 2011-03-27 17:58   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2011-03-27 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 27.03.2011 um 19:41 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:
>
>> I defined some things I will use often. At the moment I do something like:
>>     \input /home/cecil/Documenten/context/include/standard-init.inc
>>
>> But I would prefer to do something like:
>>     \input standard-init.inc
>>
>> Is shorter and when the path changes there is nothing to update.
>> How should I implement this?
>
> Make a module out of the code and put it in texmf-local.

Or modify TEXINPUTS and LUAINPUTS variables.

Aditya

* Re: Include path
@ 2011-03-27 18:39     ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-03-27 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/3/27 Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>

> I defined some things I will use often. At the moment I do something like:
>>>    \input /home/cecil/Documenten/context/include/standard-init.inc
>>>
>>> But I would prefer to do something like:
>>>    \input standard-init.inc
>>>
>>> Is shorter and when the path changes there is nothing to update.
>>> How should I implement this?
>>>

>> Make a module out of the code and put it in texmf-local.
>>

> Or modify TEXINPUTS and LUAINPUTS variables.

Both where not defined in my environment. I now have defined:
    export TEXINPUTS=.:${TEXROOT}:${HOME}/ConTeXt-inc

This takes care of my defined stuff.
There is only one problem. I do:
    \usemodule[fancybreak]
    \definefancybreak[myblank][indentnext=no]

This worked before, but now I get:
resolvers       > modules > not found: 'fancybreak'
! Undefined control sequence.

system          > tex > error on line 27 in file
/home/cecil/ConTeXt-inc/layout-init.inc: Undefined control sequence ...

17     \setuphead[subsection][before={\myblank[big,small]
\testpage[10]},style={\bf}]
18
19     \setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
20
21     \definelayout[pagenumbers][
22       footer=10mm,
23     ]
24
25     \usemodule[fancybreak]
26
27 >>  \definefancybreak[myblank][indentnext=no]

What else do I have to do?

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Include path
@ 2011-03-27 18:42     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-03-27 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> writes:

> Or modify TEXINPUTS and LUAINPUTS variables.

I remember, that setting TEXINPUTS is not recommended. See also:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mark_IV#Troubleshooting

Did that change?
--
           Peter

* Re: Include path
@ 2011-03-27 18:53       ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2011-03-27 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

2011/3/27 Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr>

> Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> writes:
>
> > Or modify TEXINPUTS and LUAINPUTS variables.
>
> I remember, that setting TEXINPUTS is not recommended. See also:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Mark_IV#Troubleshooting

The mentioned problem is circumvented by using:
    export TEXINPUTS=.:${TEXROOT}:${HOME}/ConTeXt-inc

The dot makes that first is looked in the current directory. But the module
fancybreak is not found. So there is still a problem.

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Include path
@ 2011-03-27 20:42 ` Cecil Westerhof