* Update ConTeXt into TL2010...
@ 2010-09-22 13:11 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-09-22 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
Is there anyone who updated ConTeXt MkIV in TL2010? Is there more
information about how this can be done safely? (where you copy and what
to run ...)

I am interested in the latest updates, but I do not want to get into
trouble with a bad update. Last time I stopped in ConTeXt TL2009 quite
work and I had to completely install TL2010.
Thanks Jaroslav

* Re: Update ConTeXt into TL2010...
@ 2010-09-22 13:16 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-09-22 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar@gyza.cz> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there anyone who updated ConTeXt MkIV in TL2010? Is there more
> information about how this can be done safely? (where you copy and what to
> run ...)
The best and only way to run mkiv is minimals, not texlive;
texlive is ok for mkii (as also minimals, anyway).

--
luigi

* Re: Update ConTeXt into TL2010...
@ 2010-09-22 13:31 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-09-22 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 15:11, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there anyone who updated ConTeXt MkIV in TL2010? Is there more
> information about how this can be done safely? (where you copy and what to
> run ...)

You may use
    tlmgr update --all
but this will only update some minor trivial fixes (for example I just
commited fixes for Antykwa Poltawskiego after the font has been
released).

If you want to have the latest ConTeXt, you also need to update
luatex, but also some other tools have changed since TL release.

I would suggest to install minimals if you want the latest ConTeXt ...
or at least wait for Taco's new server. Apart from that you are free
to put the latest ConTeXt into texmf-local, replace luatex binary with
the one from minimals and update mtxrun script manually. It is not
nice & clean to do it, but it should work. (If anything breaks badly,
you might end up installing from scratch, but well ...)

Mojca

* Re: Update ConTeXt into TL2010... & Ctx in TL2010 & Ctx minimals simultaneously
@ 2010-09-22 16:43   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-09-22 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx... Mojca
Will simultaneously use the ConTeXt minimals and ConTeXt  in the TL2010?
Does anyone with experience? I'd hate to spoil the installation

Jaroslav

@ 2010-09-22 16:52     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-09-22 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 18:43, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Thanx... Mojca
> Will simultaneously use the ConTeXt minimals and ConTeXt  in the TL2010?
> Does anyone with experience? I'd hate to spoil the installation

I have two installations of TeX Live, one is somehow globally set
somewhere (MacTeX 2010), I initialize one with
    export PATH=~/bin:~/soft/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-darwin:$PATH
in .bash_profile (and that one is used in Terminal/shell if I don't do
anything extra).

In addition I have zillions of ConTeXt minimals lying around. Every
time when I want to switch to ConTeXt minimals, I execute
    . ~/context/tex/setuptex
(or add ~/context/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin to PATH variable - which is
equivalent to executing setuptex).

I could have added ~/context/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin to PATH in
.bash_profile and then minimals would be used by default and I would
have to modify path whenever I would want to use TeX Live.

Basically all you need to do to change the distribution used is to change PATH.

Mojca