* analog of \hdotsfor command
@ 2010-11-23 16:25 Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-11-23 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

Is there analog of \hdotsfor command in context (mkiv)?

The description of \hdotsfor command is in amsldoc.pdf[1] on page 11.

[1] http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/amslatex/math/amsldoc.pdf

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
  If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the happiest man alive!
  -Samuel Goldwyn

* Re: analog of \hdotsfor command
@ 2010-11-23 17:11 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-11-23 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Vladimir Lomov wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is there analog of \hdotsfor command in context (mkiv)?
>
> The description of \hdotsfor command is in amsldoc.pdf[1] on page 11.
>
> [1] http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/amslatex/math/amsldoc.pdf

I don't think there is an equivalent context macro. But hdotsfor should
just be a combination of \span\omit + \hdotfill. So, just copying the
definition from amsmath.sty should work.

We need to think of a good syntax for matrices in ConTeXt to handle such
things.

Aditya

* Re: analog of \hdotsfor command
@ 2010-11-26  5:24   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-11-26  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

2010/11/24 Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is there analog of \hdotsfor command in context (mkiv)?
>>
>> The description of \hdotsfor command is in amsldoc.pdf[1] on page 11.
>>
>> [1] http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/required/amslatex/math/amsldoc.pdf
>
> I don't think there is an equivalent context macro. But hdotsfor should just
> be a combination of \span\omit + \hdotfill.
The command \hdotfill is not defined (in TeX Live 2010 context with
updates from tlcontrib.metatex.org and in context minimal).

> So, just copying the definition
> from amsmath.sty should work.
I looked into this definition and think that it uses some LaTeX
commands. I could convert it to context but I'd like to have test
files, so not right now.
> We need to think of a good syntax for matrices in ConTeXt to handle such
> things.
Command \start/stopmatrix is good enough, but you mean matrix as
visual representation.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov