Ideas on how I would enable it to be used inside miktex would be very very helpful. I need to use this clever trick by Hans: > With the new beta you can add > > \defineconversion[continued][{},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)},{ (continued)}] > > \setupfloatsplitting[conversion=continued] > > to your document, this will give the desired result for the numbering. clever trick ... I added an example to the testbed Hans but I have little or no idea how I could do it. I use MikTeX and could muddle my way through updating it if someone could suggest where to get the latest beta of COnTeXt and the mentioned example from the testbed. barney