* Clipping of text (or something equivalent)
@ 2010-06-07 14:47 Erik Margraf
From: Erik Margraf @ 2010-06-07 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I'd like to achieve in context something like I did in
the attachment (context.pdf). My idea was (and
that's the way how I did this in Inkscape):

   - Create Text
   - Double the text
   - Clip one for the upper half, clip the other for the lower half
   - Connect the two halves.

My (probably naive) approach to clipping text in context was:

-----
\starttext
\startuniqueMPgraphic{context}
  draw btex \bf Context etex xyscaled (4.0, 4.0) withcolor .8white ;
  clip currentpicture to unitsquare;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic
\null\dontcomplain
\uniqueMPgraphic{context}
-----

(Without the "clip" - line, the string "Context" is displayed. With
clipping, nothing is displayed.)

Any hint in the right direction towards clipping or maybe a better
way to achieve this is appreciated.

Thanks

Erik

[-- Attachment #2: context.pdf --]

* Re: Clipping of text (or something equivalent)
@ 2010-06-07 15:02 ` Hongwen Qiu
From: Hongwen Qiu @ 2010-06-07 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

? 2010?06?07? 22:47, Erik Margraf ??:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to achieve in context something like I did in
> the attachment (context.pdf). My idea was (and
> that's the way how I did this in Inkscape):
>
>    - Create Text
>    - Double the text
>    - Clip one for the upper half, clip the other for the lower half
Actually, you only have to clip one, either the upper half or the lower
half, since the latter elements added onto the canvas will mask the
former elements.
>    - Connect the two halves.
>
> My (probably naive) approach to clipping text in context was:
>
> -----
> \starttext
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{context}
>   draw btex \bf Context etex xyscaled (4.0, 4.0) withcolor .8white ;
>   clip currentpicture to unitsquare;
take something like:
clip currentpicture to unitsquare scaled 8cm;
and you'll know what's the problem.

@ 2010-06-07 16:32   ` Erik Margraf
From: Erik Margraf @ 2010-06-07 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)