* Re: New Release Winedt WORKS with MKIV!!
@ 2010-11-23 18:18  "Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد"
From:  "Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد"  @ 2010-11-23 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 02:03:33 -0700, barney schwartz
<barndog1946@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> New build of WinEdt 6.0 (Build: 20101121) has been uploaded to
>
>>> www.winedt.com
>
>>> This build contains macros that work with the latest ConTeXt Mark
>>> IV (previous versions were designed for older version of ConTeXt).
>>> If you are upgrading from older version of WinEdt make sure that
>>> the executable for ConTeXt in WinEdt's Execution Modes is set
>>> context.exe (instead of old texexec.exe)...

I used winedt for years, and turning it into a full-fledged dedicated
ConTeXt editor would not be hard ... I had to leave it because there was no
utf-8 or bidi support.

limited utf-8 is now available -- so interesting that Aleks made MkIV
default --, don't know when/if-ever bidi support will be there ...

otherwise the best dedicated tex editor I've ever used...

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shiʿi Studies
Department of Philosophy