* \qedhere equivalent in ConTeXt
@ 2010-08-05  9:59 Emanuele Sacco
From: Emanuele Sacco @ 2010-08-05  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

I'have simulated the proof environment whit the following code:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\definedescription
[proof]
[text=Proof.]

\setupdescriptions[proof]
[width=broad,distance=0.5em,
location=serried,
headstyle=it,
indentnext=yes,
indenting=yes,
closesymbol=$\square$]

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I wanted to know if there is an equivalent of the command \qedhere
(LaTeX command) to solve the problem that arises when the environment
ends with a displayed equation.

Thanks.

Emanuele Sacco

* Re: \qedhere equivalent in ConTeXt
@ 2010-08-05 11:58 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-05 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Am 05.08.10 11:59, schrieb Emanuele Sacco:
> Hi all,
>
> I'have simulated the proof environment whit the following code:
>

> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \definedescription
> [proof]
> [text=Proof.]
>
> \setupdescriptions[proof]
> [width=broad,distance=0.5em,
> location=serried,
> headstyle=it,
> indentnext=yes,
> indenting=yes,
> closesymbol=$\square$]
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> I wanted to know if there is an equivalent of the command \qedhere
> (LaTeX command) to solve the problem that arises when the environment
> ends with a displayed equation.

\qed or \placeclosesymbol

Wolfgang

* Re: \qedhere equivalent in ConTeXt
@ 2010-08-05 15:09   ` Emanuele Sacco
From: Emanuele Sacco @ 2010-08-05 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

to me it does not work

Emanuele Sacco

2010/8/5 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:
>  Am 05.08.10 11:59, schrieb Emanuele Sacco:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'have simulated the proof environment whit the following code:
>>

>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>
>> \definedescription
>> [proof]
>> [text=Proof.]
>>
>> \setupdescriptions[proof]
>> [width=broad,distance=0.5em,
>> location=serried,
>> headstyle=it,
>> indentnext=yes,
>> indenting=yes,
>> closesymbol=$\square$]
>>
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>
>> I wanted to know if there is an equivalent of the command \qedhere
>> (LaTeX command) to solve the problem that arises when the environment
>> ends with a displayed equation.
>
> \qed or \placeclosesymbol
>
> Wolfgang

Al mondo ci sono 10 tipi di persone: quelli che conoscono il sistema
binario e quelli che non lo conoscono.

* Re: \qedhere equivalent in ConTeXt
@ 2010-08-05 18:02     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-05 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Am 05.08.10 17:09, schrieb Emanuele Sacco:
> to me it does not work
Example!

Wolfgang

* Re: \qedhere equivalent in ConTeXt
@ 2010-08-05 20:17       ` Emanuele Sacco
From: Emanuele Sacco @ 2010-08-05 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\definedescription
[proof]
[text=Proof.]

\setupdescriptions[proof]
[width=broad,distance=0.5em,
location=serried,
headstyle=it,
indentnext=yes,
indenting=yes,
closesymbol=$\square$]

\definemathcommand[Card][nolop]{\mfunction{Card}}

\starttext

\startproof
... la partizione, da cui
\startformula
\Card G^n=n!\cdot\Card \gamma_n(G). \placeclosesymbol
\stopformula
\stopproof

\stoptext

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                $
<to be read again>
                   \par
\AfterGroup ...rn -}}\parfillskip \zeropoint \par
                                                  \egroup \egroup
\placeclosesymbol ...onparameter \c!closesymbol }}
                                                  \fi
l.1095 ...cdot\Card \gamma_n(G). \placeclosesymbol

? H
I've inserted a begin-math/end-math symbol since I think
you left one out. Proceed, with fingers crossed.

?

Emanuele

@ 2010-08-06 13:46         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-06 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 05.08.10 22:17, schrieb Emanuele Sacco:
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \definedescription
> [proof]
> [text=Proof.]
>
> \setupdescriptions[proof]
> [width=broad,distance=0.5em,
> location=serried,
> headstyle=it,
> indentnext=yes,
> indenting=yes,
> closesymbol=$\square$]

\setupdescriptions
   [proof]
   [width=broad,
    distance=0.5em,
    location=serried,
    headstyle=it,
    indentnext=yes,
    indenting=yes,
    closesymbol=\mathematics{\square},
    closecommand=\ifmmode\eqno\else\wordright\fi]

Wolfgang

* Re: \qedhere equivalent in ConTeXt
@ 2010-08-07  8:54           ` Emanuele Sacco
From: Emanuele Sacco @ 2010-08-07  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much, but still does not work to me..

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\definedescription
[proof]
[text=Proof.]

\setupdescriptions
 [proof]
 [width=broad,
  distance=0.5em,
  location=serried,
  headstyle=it,
  indentnext=yes,
  indenting=yes,
  closesymbol=\mathematics{\square},
  closecommand=\ifmmode\eqno\else\wordright\fi]

\starttext

\startproof
Questa \`e una dimostrazione
\startformula
a=b.
\stopformula
\stopproof

\stoptext

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

systems         : begin file esempio at line 19
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
\@@stopdescription ...l \dostopparbasedattributes
                                                  \endgroup \descriptionpara...
l.26 \stopproof

? H
I've inserted something that you may have forgotten.
(See the <inserted text> above.)
With luck, this will get me unwedged. But if you
really didn't forget anything, try typing `2' now; then
my insertion and my current dilemma will both disappear.

?

Emanuele Sacco

--

@ 2010-08-07  9:01             ` Thomas Schmitz
From: Thomas Schmitz @ 2010-08-07  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 10:54:52 +0200
  Emanuele Sacco <emanuelesacco@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much, but still does not work to me..
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \definedescription
> [proof]
> [text=Proof.]
>
> \setupdescriptions
> [proof]
> [width=broad,
>  distance=0.5em,
>  location=serried,
>  headstyle=it,
>  indentnext=yes,
>  indenting=yes,
>  closesymbol=\mathematics{\square},
>  closecommand=\ifmmode\eqno\else\wordright\fi]
>

> \starttext
>
> \startproof
> Questa \`e una dimostrazione
> \startformula
> a=b.
> \stopformula
> \stopproof
>
> \stoptext
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

This works with mkiv, but not with mkii. Wolfgang couldn't
know which you were using since your replies were always
rather short on details.

Thomas

* Re: \qedhere equivalent in ConTeXt
@ 2010-08-07  9:34               ` Emanuele Sacco
From: Emanuele Sacco @ 2010-08-07  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

You are absolutely right.
Thanks to all.

@ 2011-01-21 19:11 Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2011-01-21 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,

I tried something similar to (Mk IV version 2011.11.18 19:34):

Am 06.08.10 15:46, schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
> \setupdescriptions
> [proof]
> [width=broad,
> distance=0.5em,
> location=serried,
> headstyle=it,
> indentnext=yes,
> indenting=yes,
> closesymbol=\mathematics{\square},
> closecommand=\ifmmode\eqno\else\wordright\fi]
>
> Wolfgang

I hope I can get help on an issue I have with this. Please consider the
minimal example:

\starttext
\definedescription[proof][text=Proof., width=fit, location=serried,
indenting=yes, closesymbol=\mathematics{\square},
closecommand=\ifmmode\eqno\else\wordright\fi]

\startproof
	\input knuth
\stopproof
\startproof
	conclusion conclusion conclusion conclusion conclusion conclusion
conclusion.
\stopproof
\stoptext

I don't know how to achieve this, but I would like to have the squares
at the end of both "proofs" one line higher than they are now and placed
right, as in (consider the extra space, which avoids the hyphenation):

\startproof
	conclusion conclusion conclusion conclusion conclusion conclusion
conclu sion.
\stopproof

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Stefan