* Re: Am not getting Roman numeral page numbers in MKIV
       [not found] <mailman.1380.1299938867.4223.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2011-03-13 12:49 ` Jeong Dalyoung
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2011-03-13 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Tom,

> What version are you using?

I am using minimal not TeXlive2010. Of course, there are some bugs in beta. But it would be fixed soon.
Moreover, you can have more than one Minimal folder. So it is easy to use stable version if the beta has bugs.

> BTW, where did you read to use front part instead of frontmatter?

There was a thread whose title is "Roman Page numbers".
And among the mails on 2009. 2. 4, there was a sample written by Wolfgang .

\definestructureconversionset[frontpart:pagenumber][][romannumerals]
\definestructureconversionset[bodypart:pagenumber] [][numbers]

\setuplist[chapter][pageconversionset=pagenumber]

\startstructureblockenvironment[frontpart]

\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=romannumerals]
\setuppagenumber[number=1]

\stopstructureblockenvironment

\startstructureblockenvironment[bodypart]

\setuppagenumber[number=1]

\stopstructureblockenvironment

\starttext

\startfrontmatter

\completecontent[criterium=all]

\chapter{Intro}

\input tufte

\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter

\chapter{knuth}

\input knuth

\stopbodymatter

\stoptext

Mailing list is a good place for me to learn ConTeXt. There are so many things which are not described in the manual.
I cannot give you a solution. But many experts who are reading this list will give you a solution.

Cheers,

Dalyoung

* Is Minimals ready for non-developers to use?
@ 2011-03-13 16:16   ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2011-03-13 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dalyoung,

I attempted to install Minimals on my Windows system--twice--to no avail. I
selected the current option because I don't want to be constantly updating
the software when I am not using anything that remotely resembles cutting
edge features. I am using a short, lower-case directory name as suggested.
MKII appears to work fine but I get the following messages when I try to
compile Hello.tex:

MTXrun | forcing cache reload
MTXrun | resolvers: loading configuration file
'C:/ctm/context/tex/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

I also get similar errors when attempting to run the following:

mtxrun --selfupdate
mtxrun --generate
luatools --generate
context --make

From the message archives I see that others have had similar problems but I
don't understand what the suggested fixes were. One massage stated that the
instructions on ConTeXtGarden were deprecated, but I don't know if the
instructions have been changed since that time.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
blog: www.TomBenjey.com

[...]

* Re: Is Minimals ready for non-developers to use?
@ 2011-03-13 20:37     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-03-13 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 17:16, Tom wrote:
> Dalyoung,
>
> I attempted to install Minimals on my Windows system--twice--to no avail. I
> selected the current option because I don't want to be constantly updating
> the software when I am not using anything that remotely resembles cutting
> edge features.

There is one thing that is not completely bullet proof. It may happen
that "current" stops working when luatex is updated. I will fix this
one day (but not right now). It is a bit unfortunate.

Can you please try to fetch the beta version instead of current and
possibly send the complete from "context --make" and other functions?

All you should need is:
- fetching & extracting the zip
- running first-setup.bat
- set path (using C:/ctm/context/tex/setuptex or explicitely)
- should not be necessary, but try
    mtxrun --generate
    context --make
    context your-document

That should suffice, at least in theory.

Mojca

* Re: Is Minimals ready for non-developers to use?
       [not found] <mailman.1418.1300108997.4223.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2011-03-14 15:20 ` Jeong Dalyoung
From: Jeong Dalyoung @ 2011-03-14 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Tom,

good to hear that minimal is working fine.

> I had the same experience that you had with the Introduction not showing up
> in the TOC. Do you know how to report a bug?

I think that completecontent doesn't recognize the user defined "intro". It is all what I can tell you.
If you have no special reason to define \intro, you may use \chapter to make it appear in TOC.

This mailing list is a place to report a bug.
If it is a real bug, then Hans will correct it, otherwise many experts who are watching mails suggest you a good solution.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Dalyoung