* Palatino math in MKII/XeTeX?
@ 2010-08-02 13:35 Riobard
From: Riobard @ 2010-08-02 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm wondering how I can use Palatino for math in MKII/XeTeX? The following works in MKIV but not in MKII (still get Computer Modern for Math, though main text is in Palatino). Thanks very much!

Rio

* Re: Palatino math in MKII/XeTeX?
@ 2010-08-02 13:57 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-08-02 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Riobard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering how I can use Palatino for math in MKII/XeTeX? The
> following works in MKIV but not in MKII (still get Computer Modern
> for Math, though main text is in Palatino). Thanks very much!

[example missing]

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Palatino math in MKII/XeTeX?
@ 2010-08-02 14:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-02 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2-8-2010 3:35, Riobard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering how I can use Palatino for math in MKII/XeTeX? The following works in MKIV but not in MKII (still get Computer Modern for Math, though main text is in Palatino). Thanks very much!

in type-otf.mkii, search for xmath and add the following in that section

     \starttypescript [math] [palatino] [name]
         \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [Palatino-Roman-Upright]
         \definefontsynonym [MathExtension] [Palatino-Math-Extension]
         \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]    [Palatino-Math-Italic]
         \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]    [Palatino-Math-Symbols]
         \definefontsynonym [MathAlpha]     [Palatino-Math-SymbolsA]
         \definefontsynonym [MathBeta]      [Palatino-Math-SymbolsB]
     \stoptypescript

     \starttypescript [math] [palatino] [name]
         \definefontsynonym [OldStyle]     [MathItalic]
         \definefontsynonym [Fraktur]      [eufm10]
         \definefontsynonym [Blackboard]   [MathBeta]
         \definefontsynonym [Gothic]       [eufm10]
         \definefontsynonym [Calligraphic] [eusm10]
     \stoptypescript

     \starttypescript [math] [times] [name]
         \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [Times-Roman-Upright]
         \definefontsynonym [MathExtension] [Times-Math-Extension]
         \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]    [Times-Math-Italic]
         \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]    [Times-Math-Symbols]
         \definefontsynonym [MathAlpha]     [Times-Math-SymbolsA]
         \definefontsynonym [MathBeta]      [Times-Math-SymbolsB]
     \stoptypescript

     \starttypescript [math] [times] [name]
         \definefontsynonym [OldStyle]     [MathItalic]
         \definefontsynonym [Fraktur]      [eufm10]
         \definefontsynonym [Blackboard]   [MathBeta]
         \definefontsynonym [Gothic]       [eufm10]
         \definefontsynonym [Calligraphic] [eusm10]
     \stoptypescript

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-08-02 15:32   ` Riobard
From: Riobard @ 2010-08-02 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, the example is here (forgot to paste it; my bad):

\usetypescript[palatino]
\definetypeface[palatino][rm][serif][palatino][default]
\definetypeface[palatino][mm][math][palatino][default]
 \setupbodyfont[palatino,11pt]

@ 2010-08-02 17:58   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-08-02 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 16:00, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2-8-2010 3:35, Riobard wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm wondering how I can use Palatino for math in MKII/XeTeX? The following
>> works in MKIV but not in MKII (still get Computer Modern for Math, though
>> main text is in Palatino). Thanks very much!
>
> in type-otf.mkii, search for xmath and add the following in that section
>
>    \starttypescript [math] [palatino] [name]
>        \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [Palatino-Roman-Upright]

In TeX Live that doesn't work and in minimals it has no influence.

\usetypescript[palatino]
\setupbodyfont[palatino]

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi
600 uplri8a.pfb
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for uplri8a.pfb.
mktexpk: perhaps uplri8a.pfb is missing from the map file.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

** WARNING ** Could not locate a virtual/physical font for TFM "rpxpplri".
** WARNING ** >> This font is mapped to a physical font "uplri8a.pfb".
** WARNING ** >> Please check if kpathsea library can find this font:
uplri8a.pfb
** ERROR ** Cannot proceed without .vf or "physical" font for PDF output...

Mojca

* Re: Palatino math in MKII/XeTeX?
@ 2010-08-02 19:25     ` Riobard
From: Riobard @ 2010-08-02 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

You'll these few lines:

\usetypescript[palatino]
\definetypeface[palatino][rm][serif][palatino][default]
\definetypeface[palatino][mm][math][palatino][default]
 \setupbodyfont[palatino,11pt]

then modify as suggested by Hans. Works for me with the latest beta of
minimals.