* installing metauml in context
@ 2010-05-14 21:43 Shiv Shankar Dayal
From: Shiv Shankar Dayal @ 2010-05-14 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am running ConTeXt mark IV. I need to use metauml for my work.
However, I could not get it installed. Please help. The install file
which comes with it does not work for context.

--
Best regards,
Shiv Shankar Dayal

* Re: installing metauml in context
@ 2010-05-14 21:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-14 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14-5-2010 11:43, Shiv Shankar Dayal wrote:

> I am running ConTeXt mark IV. I need to use metauml for my work.
> However, I could not get it installed. Please help. The install file
> which comes with it does not work for context.

more info needed .. test file and so

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: installing metauml in context
@ 2010-05-14 22:04   ` Shiv Shankar Dayal
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Shiv Shankar Dayal @ 2010-05-14 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> I am running ConTeXt mark IV. I need to use metauml for my work.
>> However, I could not get it installed. Please help. The install file
>> which comes with it does not work for context.
>
> more info needed .. test file and so
>
> Hans

Sorry about this. Following is from a file for which I took the code from
mailing list itself.

\chapter{Diameter Finite State Machine}
The state machine of the diameter base protocol implementation will observer
following state machine.
\startMPinclusions
input metauml;
\stopMPinclusions
\startuseMPgraphic{xx}

save A;
save B;
Class.A("Point")
       ("+x: int",
        "+y: int") ();

Class.B("Circle")
       ("radius: int")
       ("+getRadius(): int",
        "+setRadius(r: int):void");

topToBottom(45)(A, B);

drawObjects(A, B);

clink(aggregationUni)(A, B);

\stopuseMPgraphic

\placefigure[here][fig:xx]{xx}{\useMPgraphic{xx}}

This is included in starttext block.

For verbosity I am also giving you some errors.

 Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                   (
<*>  save A; save B; Class.A(
                             "Point") ("+x: int", "+y: int") (); Class.B("Ci...

! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                   (
<*>  save A; save B; Class.A(
                             "Point") ("+x: int", "+y: int") (); Class.B("Ci...

>> Class.B
! Isolated expression.

@ 2010-05-14 22:40     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-05-14 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Shiv Shankar Dayal
<shivshankar.dayal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> I am running ConTeXt mark IV. I need to use metauml for my work.
>>> However, I could not get it installed. Please help. The install file
>>> which comes with it does not work for context.
>>
>> more info needed .. test file and so
>>
>> Hans
>
> Sorry about this. Following is from a file for which I took the code from
> mailing list itself.
>
> \chapter{Diameter Finite State Machine}
> The state machine of the diameter base protocol implementation will observer
> following state machine.
> \startMPinclusions
> input metauml;
> \stopMPinclusions
> \startuseMPgraphic{xx}
>
> save A;
> save B;
> Class.A("Point")
>       ("+x: int",
>        "+y: int") ();
>
> Class.B("Circle")
>       ("radius: int")
>       ("+getRadius(): int",
>        "+setRadius(r: int):void");
>
> topToBottom(45)(A, B);
>
> drawObjects(A, B);
>
> clink(aggregationUni)(A, B);
>
> \stopuseMPgraphic
>
> \placefigure[here][fig:xx]{xx}{\useMPgraphic{xx}}
>
> This is included in starttext block.
>
> For verbosity I am also giving you some errors.
>
>  Isolated expression.
> <to be read again>
>                   (
> <*>  save A; save B; Class.A(
>                             "Point") ("+x: int", "+y: int") (); Class.B("Ci...
>
> ! Extra tokens will be flushed.
> <to be read again>
>                   (
> <*>  save A; save B; Class.A(
>                             "Point") ("+x: int", "+y: int") (); Class.B("Ci...
>
>>> Class.B
> ! Isolated expression.
>
> Best regards,
> Shiv Shankar Dayal

No problem here with mkii and texlive 2009
and export shell_escape=t;
my test.tex  is in the same folder of metauml

%%
%%test.tex
\setupcolors[state=start]
\startMPinclusions
input metauml;
\stopMPinclusions

\starttext
\chapter{Diameter Finite State Machine}
The state machine of the diameter base protocol implementation will observer
following state machine.
\startuseMPgraphic{xx}

save A;
save B;
Class.A("Point")
      ("+x: int",
       "+y: int") ();

Class.B("Circle")
      ("radius: int")
      ("+getRadius(): int",
       "+setRadius(r: int):void");

topToBottom(45)(A, B);

drawObjects(A, B);

clink(aggregationUni)(A, B);

\stopuseMPgraphic

\placefigure[here][fig:xx]{xx}{\useMPgraphic{xx}}

\stoptext

--
luigi

[-- Attachment #2: test.pdf --]

* installing metauml in context
@ 2010-05-14 22:43       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-05-14 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

(repost)

@ 2010-05-15  3:08     ` Shiv Shankar Dayal
From: Shiv Shankar Dayal @ 2010-05-15  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> I am running ConTeXt mark IV. I need to use metauml for my work.
>>> However, I could not get it installed. Please help. The install file
>>> which comes with it does not work for context.
>>
>> more info needed .. test file and so
>>
>> Hans
>
> Sorry about this. Following is from a file for which I took the code from
> mailing list itself.

Sorry to bother you  people. It is a pain to waste time like this.
Since metaobj works
with context I will extend and use it to draw UML diagrams. I just
thought that since
it is mentioned as a package at contextgarden I was hoping that it
will work out of the
box.

--

@ 2010-05-15  6:31     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-05-15  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

The attached file runs without errors for me in mkiv (latest beta,
  2010.05.14 15:26 MKIV). However, note the following:

1. I had to add loading of 8r-base.map for the rptmr font
2. The placement of the text strings is wrong (probably related)

Best wishes,
Taco

[-- Attachment #2: meta.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: meta.pdf --]

* Re: installing metauml in context
@ 2010-05-15  8:55       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-15  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15-5-2010 5:08, Shiv Shankar Dayal wrote:
> Hi,

>>> more info needed .. test file and so
>>>
>>> Hans
>>
>> Sorry about this. Following is from a file for which I took the code from
>> mailing list itself.
>
> Sorry to bother you  people. It is a pain to waste time like this.
> Since metaobj works
> with context I will extend and use it to draw UML diagrams. I just
> thought that since
> it is mentioned as a package at contextgarden I was hoping that it
> will work out of the
> box.

\startMPinclusions
     string metauml_defaultFont            ; metauml_defaultFont
     := "\truefontname{Serif}" ;
     string metauml_defaultFontOblique     ; metauml_defaultFontOblique
     := "\truefontname{SerifItalic}" ;
     string metauml_defaultFontBold        ; metauml_defaultFontBold
     := "\truefontname{SerifBold}" ;
     string metauml_defaultFontBoldOblique ;
metauml_defaultFontBoldOblique := "\truefontname{SerifBoldItalic}" ;

     input metauml;
\stopMPinclusions

At least prevents the error but alignment is weird. Some pseudo
typesetting is going on and the quality is suboptimal then (after all mp
just pastes glyphs then). Take this:

Class.A ("Point") ("+x: int", "+y: int") ();

It's probably no big deal for the author to support pictures instead of
strings

Class.A ("Point") (btex +x: int etex, "+y: int") ();

Class.A ("Point") (textext("+x: int"), "+y: int") ();

It's probabaly already possible somehow but i have no time to look into
the code in detail now.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-05-17 18:49         ` Shiv Shankar Dayal
From: Shiv Shankar Dayal @ 2010-05-17 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for this help. I tried again with modifications and it is working
with wrong alignment. I am tried using simplefonts like

\usemodule[simplefonts,vim,mathml]
\setmainfont[LucidaStd]
\setmonofont[CourierNew]

If I add the above code then it overrides Hanss' suggestion but still
the alignment
is wrong. I am going to try more fonts to get the alignment right.

@ 2010-05-17 21:12           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-17 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17-5-2010 8:49, Shiv Shankar Dayal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks a lot for this help. I tried again with modifications and it is working
> with wrong alignment. I am tried using simplefonts like

also in the latest beta?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-07-09 18:39             ` Kevin D. Robbins
From: Kevin D. Robbins @ 2010-07-09 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)