* Problems with the installation of the minimals on Win XP :-(
@ 2010-08-26 13:15 Florian Baudach
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Florian Baudach @ 2010-08-26 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

after solving my problems with the minimals with Linux, I have now a problem
with the Windows version.  :-(

My boss allowed me to use ConTeXt for a book project  :-), unfortunately

we work here with WinXP and the first-setup.bat fails with the following
error:

mtxrun.exe – Komponente nicht gefunden (mtxrun.exe – component not found)

Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil kpathsea60071.dll nicht
gefunden wurde. Neuinstallation der Anwendung könnte das Problem beheben.

(Couldn’t start the application. Couldn’t found kpathsea60071.dll. A new
installation of the application could solve the problem.)

I have installed ruby first. What could be wrong?

Greetings

Florian Baudach

* Re: Problems with the installation of the minimals on Win XP :-(
@ 2010-08-26 13:25 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-08-26 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 15:15, Florian Baudach wrote:

> we work here with WinXP and the first-setup.bat fails with the following
> error:
>
> mtxrun.exe – Komponente nicht gefunden (mtxrun.exe – component not found)
>
> Die Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil kpathsea60071.dll nicht
> gefunden wurde. Neuinstallation der Anwendung könnte das Problem beheben.

It seems that the new luatex binary now depends on kpathsea60071.dll
(in past it was only XeTeX that depended on that dll). It's not
confirmed, but I checked and
http://w32tex.org/current/luatex-dev-w32.tar.bz2 does contain that
dll.

I'm fixing it now.

Mojca

* Re: Problems with the installation of the minimals on Win XP :-(
@ 2010-08-26 14:36 ` Peter van Hoeflaken
From: Peter van Hoeflaken @ 2010-08-26 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had the same problem trying to update Context with 'first-setup.bat'. I
saw that there was a file kpathsea60071.dll in context/tex/texmf-mswin/bin.
So then I copied it to context/bin and it worked again.

Peter van Hoeflaken

@ 2010-08-26 15:40 ` Florian Baudach
From: Florian Baudach @ 2010-08-26 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I solved it, but I think in a very ugly way:

1. I downloaded the kpathsea60071.dll via http and copied the file to
/context/bin
2. I downloaded also curl.exe (Don't know if it was necessary :-( )
3. The I got the errors: MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL not found
4. I searched for this files and found them fortunately on my work pc (It is
not recommanded to download this file in the internet! )
5. I copied this files to /context/bin
6. I commented the rsync part of the installation script (Don't know if it
was necessary ? )
7. Started the modified script.
8. ConteXt works now :-).

Greetings FloMo

@ 2010-08-27  7:50   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-08-27  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 17:40, Florian Baudach wrote:
> I solved it, but I think in a very ugly way:
>
> 1. I downloaded the kpathsea60071.dll via http and copied the file to
> /context/bin

In theory that file should be in the new setup zip now, even though it
is true that these files do not get updated under windows (one cannot
"selfupdate" binaries under windows, so updating should become a
two-step process).

> 2. I downloaded also curl.exe (Don't know if it was necessary :-( )

It shouldn't be, but I have no idea what exactly/what else was going wrong.

> 3. The I got the errors: MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL not found

Just a question: are these two files related to Windows 7 and absent
on Windows XP? Do we need to add them to minimals then?

> 4. I searched for this files and found them fortunately on my work pc (It is
> not recommanded to download this file in the internet! )
> 5. I copied this files to /context/bin
> 6. I commented the rsync part of the installation script (Don't know if it
> was necessary ? )
> 7. Started the modified script.
> 8. ConteXt works now :-).

I cannot comment too much about the rest; my only question at the
moment is: do we need to add the two DLL files for non-windows7 users?
I added Akira to CC since he probably knows the requirements better
than I do (and I have no XP at hand).

Mojca

* Re: Problems with the installation of the minimals on Win XP :-(
@ 2010-08-27 10:22   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-08-27 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 17:40, Florian Baudach wrote:
> I solved it, but I think in a very ugly way:
>
> 1. I downloaded the kpathsea60071.dll via http and copied the file to
> /context/bin
> 2. I downloaded also curl.exe (Don't know if it was necessary :-( )
> 3. The I got the errors: MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL not found

Akira replied that the two files are present in xetex-w32.tar.bz2 (on
w32tex.org). If needed, we can add them to the zip for installation
(it is probably also needed for runtime files then, not only for
installation, right?).

Is there any other user with the same experience?

Mojca

* Re: Problems with the installation of the minimals on Win XP :-(
@ 2010-09-19 17:00     ` Marius
From: Marius @ 2010-09-19 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27 August 2010 13:22, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 17:40, Florian Baudach wrote:
>> I solved it, but I think in a very ugly way:
>>
>> 1. I downloaded the kpathsea60071.dll via http and copied the file to
>> /context/bin
>> 2. I downloaded also curl.exe (Don't know if it was necessary :-( )
>> 3. The I got the errors: MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL not found
>
> Akira replied that the two files are present in xetex-w32.tar.bz2 (on
> w32tex.org). If needed, we can add them to the zip for installation
> (it is probably also needed for runtime files then, not only for
> installation, right?).
>
> Is there any other user with the same experience?

Yes, missing MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL on windows xp  and windows 7.

* Re: Problems with the installation of the minimals on Win XP :-(
@ 2010-09-20 13:42       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-09-20 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 19:00, Marius wrote:
> On 27 August 2010 13:22, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 17:40, Florian Baudach wrote:
>>> I solved it, but I think in a very ugly way:
>>>
>>> 1. I downloaded the kpathsea60071.dll via http and copied the file to
>>> /context/bin
>>> 2. I downloaded also curl.exe (Don't know if it was necessary :-( )
>>> 3. The I got the errors: MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL not found
>>
>> Akira replied that the two files are present in xetex-w32.tar.bz2 (on
>> w32tex.org). If needed, we can add them to the zip for installation
>> (it is probably also needed for runtime files then, not only for
>> installation, right?).
>>
>> Is there any other user with the same experience?
>
> Yes, missing MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL on windows xp  and windows 7.

It should be fixed now. (At least for those who don't install
luatex-only minimals.) I'm sorry, I added the libraries, but forgot to
add them to installer itself.

Mojca