* Updating ConTeXt using TeX Live 2010 (Linux)
@ 2010-10-02 14:52 Daniel Grycman
From: Daniel Grycman @ 2010-10-02 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

after updating ConText to "beta" I get the following error message.

../mtx-context.lua:669: attempt to call field 'locateformat' (a nil value)

Any ideas?

Daniel

* Re: Updating ConTeXt using TeX Live 2010 (Linux)
@ 2010-10-02 14:58 ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-10-02 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 04:52:37PM +0200, Daniel Grycman wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> after updating ConText to "beta" I get the following error message.
>
> ../mtx-context.lua:669: attempt to call field 'locateformat' (a nil value)
>
> Any ideas?

Don't update ConTeXt in TeXLive manually, if you want the latest and
greatest beta use minimals.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer

* Re: Updating ConTeXt using TeX Live 2010 (Linux)
@ 2010-10-03 21:20 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-10-03 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 16:52, Daniel Grycman wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> after updating ConText to "beta" I get the following error message.
>
> ../mtx-context.lua:669: attempt to call field 'locateformat' (a nil value)
>
> Any ideas?

How exactly did you update ConTeXt in TeX Live? One can do that in
principle, but it's not very wise to do it. If nothing else, one needs
to make sure that all the binaries and scripts are properly replaced.

I didn't test the instructions from TL 2009. Some of them may be
different. I would recommend installing minimals along TeX Live.

ConTeXt it TL 2010 is perfectly suitable for normal work. If you need
the latest version, you can always switch to minimals.

Mojca

* Re: Updating ConTeXt using TeX Live 2010 (Linux)
@ 2010-10-03 21:59   ` Daniel Grycman
From: Daniel Grycman @ 2010-10-03 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I did the update process via rsync and chosed the "beta". Afterwards
followed the update of luatex and the commands "luatools --generate" and
"context --make".

Daniel

@ 2010-10-03 22:14     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-10-03 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 23:59, Daniel Grycman wrote:
> I did the update process via rsync and chosed the "beta". Afterwards
> followed the update of luatex and the commands "luatools --generate" and
> "context --make".

You need to update at least mtxrun as well.

Mojca

* Re: Updating ConTeXt using TeX Live 2010 (Linux)
@ 2010-10-03 22:29       ` Daniel Grycman
From: Daniel Grycman @ 2010-10-03 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

After compiling the file via "context file.tex" the following messages
appear.

MTXrun | forcing cache reload
MTXrun | resolvers: skipping configuration file
'/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Daniel

@ 2010-10-03 23:09         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-10-03 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 00:29, Daniel Grycman wrote:
> After compiling the file via "context file.tex" the following messages
> appear.
>
> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | resolvers: skipping configuration file
> '/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

I'm not sure about it, but it is quite probable that you would need to
fix texmfcnf.lua as well. The format of that file has been changed
after TeX Live 2010 has been released.

If mtxrun --generate doesn't help, you would need to fix the cnf file.
See http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/misc/web2c/texmfcnf.lua
and compare with your
'/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua'.

(I didn't try to update TL 2010 ...)

Mojca