* Endnote-problem
@ 2011-01-21 12:10 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2011-01-21 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear list,

While preparing a contribution for a conference proceedings I
encountered a weird problem that I don't know how to tackle:
First, the editor wants endnotes, no footnotes. So I collected all
"footnotes" in a separate section at the end (\subject{Notes}
\placefootnotes). That works in principle.
The paper contains several longish quotations in both the original
language and in English translation.
The editor wants the original text in the endnotes. So I put them
there, in blockquotes. Works too, in principle.
However, this results in more than one page of notes. But here
ConTeXt, neither mkii nor mkiv, does not insert a page break. Instead
it tries to place everything on one page, ignoring the layoout below
the header. The result is that only half of the notes turn up in the
pdf. The rest is cut off. After the truncated list of notes there
follows an empty page.
What can I do about it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Robert Blackstone

* Re: Endnote-problem
@ 2011-01-21 14:04 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-01-21 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.01.2011 um 13:10 schrieb Robert Blackstone:

> Dear list,
>
> While preparing a contribution for a conference proceedings I
> encountered a weird problem that I don't know how to tackle:
> First, the editor wants endnotes, no footnotes. So I collected all
> "footnotes" in a separate section at the end (\subject{Notes}
> \placefootnotes). That works in principle.
> The paper contains several longish quotations in both the original
> language and in English translation.
> The editor wants the original text in the endnotes. So I put them
> there, in blockquotes. Works too, in principle.
> However, this results in more than one page of notes. But here
> ConTeXt, neither mkii nor mkiv, does not insert a page break. Instead
> it tries to place everything on one page, ignoring the layoout below
> the header. The result is that only half of the notes turn up in the
> pdf. The rest is cut off. After the truncated list of notes there
> follows an empty page.
> What can I do about it?

You can send us a minimal example of your problem because I’m unable
to reproduce your problem.

\setupnote[footnote][location=none]
\setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][spacebefore=]
\starttext

\dorecurse{100}
  {\dorecurse{#1}{text }%
  %\footnote{\startblockquote\dorecurse{#1}{text }\stopblockquote} }
   \footnote{\dorecurse{#1}{text }} }

\subject{Notes}

\placenotes[footnote]

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Endnote-problem
@ 2011-01-22 10:48 ` Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2011-01-22 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:04:54 +0100 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> Am 21.01.2011 um 13:10 schrieb Robert Blackstone:
>>
>>The result is that only half of the notes turn up in the
>> pdf. The rest is cut off. After the truncated list of notes there
>> follows an empty page.
>> What can I do about it?
>
> You can send us a minimal example of your problem because I?m unable
> to reproduce your problem.
>
> \setupnote[footnote][location=none]
> \setupdelimitedtext[blockquote][spacebefore=]
> \starttext
>
> \dorecurse{100}
>  {\dorecurse{#1}{text }%
>  %\footnote{\startblockquote\dorecurse{#1}{text }\stopblockquote} }
>   \footnote{\dorecurse{#1}{text }} }
>
> \subject{Notes}
>
> \placenotes[footnote]
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thank you very much, Wolfgang. Your example showed me the little devil
that spoiled it:
I had: \setupfootnotes[location=text]. Changing it to
\setupfootnotes[location=none] solved the problem.

Kind regards,

Robert Blackstone