On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Hans Hagen wrote: > On 13-11-2010 4:14, Peter Davis wrote: > >> >> On 11/13/10 6:03 AM, Renaud AUBIN wrote: >> >>> Uh ? Give FOP a try… http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.0/index.html >>> Could you describe your target chain ? XML → FO → PDF ? >>> >> >> Actually, I could write some XSLT to convert the XSL-FO into TeX or >> ConTeXt. But I was thinking it might be beneficial to use ConTeXt to >> process the XML (XSL-FO) directly ... get it all under one roof, so to >> speak. >> > > faster too Interesting point. I initially assumed it would be faster to do all my XML processing in ConTeXt, but it occurred to me that perhaps using XSLT to or even home-grown XML processing, I could generate a stream of TeX that could be processed while I'm still producing it. So one process might be looking at successive data records and generating TeX for the various pages, and another process could be simultaneously running TeX to typeset those pages. Plausible? Thank you. -pd