* Trying to move from LaTeX to MKIV in MikTeX
@ 2010-11-23 14:49 barndog1946
From: barndog1946 @ 2010-11-23 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear ConTeXt group,

I have Winedt 6.0 latest release with ConteXt support, MikTeX 2.9 16 Nov
build (Luatex ver. .60).

I am trying to move a book full of math to a ConTeXt document using lucida
fonts. I have read everything I can find on this subject and serched all I
can find in this list. I get the body text by:

\setupbodyfont[lucida]

and that works fine but .....

how do I get all the math symbols I need using lucida?

neither

%\setmathfont [Lucida New Math]

%\setmathfont[Lucida]

works.

Please advise

barney

* Re: Trying to move from LaTeX to MKIV in MikTeX
@ 2010-11-23 15:37 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-11-23 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010, barndog1946@gmail.com wrote:

> Dear ConTeXt group,
>
> I have Winedt 6.0 latest release with ConteXt support, MikTeX 2.9 16 Nov
> build (Luatex ver. .60).
>
> I am trying to move a book full of math to a ConTeXt document using lucida
> fonts.

Did you buy lucida fonts from TUG or Y&Y?

Aditya

* Re: Trying to move from LaTeX to MKIV in MikTeX
@ 2010-11-23 19:21 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-11-23 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 15:49,  <barndog1946@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt group,
>
> I have Winedt 6.0 latest release with ConteXt support, MikTeX 2.9 16 Nov
> build (Luatex ver. .60).
>
> I am trying to move a book full of math to a ConTeXt document using lucida
> fonts. I have read everything I can find on this subject and serched all I
> can find in this list. I get the body text by:
>
> \setupbodyfont[lucida]
>
> and that works fine but .....
>
> how do I get all the math symbols I need using lucida?

The \setupbodyfont[lucida] should work automatically for math as well
(if text fonts work, you have probably set up the fonts correctly),
but I'm not sure when the patches for Lucida have been applied into
ConTeXt core. In case that Lucida has been patched after the version
for TeX Live has been frozen, you might need to patch ConTeXt
yourself. (Somebody needs to check that.)

If local patch is needed, somebody skilled might need to help. The
problem is that I have no idea how much needs to be patched. Some
non-urgent patches for Lucida have only been applied very recently and
might be incompatible with the old ConTeXt version.

Mojca

PS: the following two commands should be enough if lucida's support in
your version of ConTeXt is recent enough:
- extract CTAN/install/fonts/psfonts/bh/lucida.zip into <X>
- copy all *.pfb files into <X>/fonts/type1/bh/lucida
where <X> is an arbitrary folder that you have added to MikTeX's ROOTs
somewhere under settings.