2010/12/12 Jonas Stein > Hi, > > context in debian testing is quite old (2009) > > will that destroy my packagemanager or is > it a good idea, to try this: > > purge the installed context > as root run > # checkinstall bash > then the commands of > http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#System-wide_installation > > Yes. I have installed it that way in a computer that students use for education, and it works. We don't use LaTeX there, so I can't say if there is a conflict with it. Regards, Vedran Miletić