* Re: wikipedians: kind request
@ 2010-05-13 19:06 ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد @ 2010-05-13 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 13 May 2010 14:19:52 -0500, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hans_Hagen
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Taco_Hoekwater

Don't these people have a life at all? What a bunch of puny trolls

Idris
International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* wikipedians: kind request
@ 2010-05-13 19:19 Mojca Miklavec
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-05-13 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Wikipedians,

If any other member of the list is an experienced Wikepedian, you are
kindly asked to put your vote here (without exposing too much that you
come from ConTeXt community):

http://www.xkcd.com/739/

Sorry, not on the link above but on the two below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hans_Hagen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Taco_Hoekwater

Mojca

* Re: wikipedians: kind request
@ 2010-05-13 19:27 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-05-13 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Or, yet better - since there are probably many publishers on the list
- is anyone ready to publish some biography of ConTeXt developers in
some "reliable independent source"? :) :) :)

Mojca

* Re: wikipedians: kind request
@ 2010-05-13 19:31 ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2010-05-13 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/5/13 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:
> If any other member of the list is an experienced Wikepedian, you are
> kindly asked to put your vote here (without exposing too much that you
> come from ConTeXt community):

<cough/>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:CANVAS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Notaballot

Best
    Martin

* Re: wikipedians: kind request
@ 2010-05-13 19:32   ` Martin Schröder
From: Martin Schröder @ 2010-05-13 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/5/13 Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>:
> Or, yet better - since there are probably many publishers on the list
> - is anyone ready to publish some biography of ConTeXt developers in
> some "reliable independent source"? :) :) :)

THAT would help; e.g. an article in ACM Queue :-)

Best
    Martin

* Re: wikipedians: kind request
@ 2010-05-13 20:06   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-05-13 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-05-13 um 21:27 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> Or, yet better - since there are probably many publishers on the list
> - is anyone ready to publish some biography of ConTeXt developers in
> some "reliable independent source"? :) :) :)

Oh, it would have been fit for the latest issue of our Unitarian
church magazine about "chaos and order". But someone should have
submitted the article in time...
;-)

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: wikipedians: kind request
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2010-05-13 20:42 ` Khaled Hosny
From: Khaled Hosny @ 2010-05-13 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 09:19:52PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Dear Wikipedians,
>
> If any other member of the list is an experienced Wikepedian, you are
> kindly asked to put your vote here (without exposing too much that you
> come from ConTeXt community):
>
> http://www.xkcd.com/739/
>
> Sorry, not on the link above but on the two below:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hans_Hagen
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Taco_Hoekwater

Well, I don't see the point of putting much effort into this, wikipedia
have long mutated into a bureaucratic monster controlled by people who
would trust blog posts as "reliable independent sources", I just gave
up arguing with such people.

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer