* Opentype feature files in Luatex - Mac OS X
@ 2011-02-08 20:15 Stef Schoonderwoerd
From: Stef Schoonderwoerd @ 2011-02-08 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

I just had a quick question, I seem to remember finding the answer
some while ago, but after searching all day today nothing came up
anymore:
what path does one put the opentype feature files on Mac OS X so
luatex can read them? The unix standard path does not work..

Thanks in advance,

Stef Schoonderwoerd

* Re: Opentype feature files in Luatex - Mac OS X
@ 2011-02-09  9:43 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-02-09  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 21:15, Stef Schoonderwoerd wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just had a quick question, I seem to remember finding the answer
> some while ago, but after searching all day today nothing came up
> anymore:
> what path does one put the opentype feature files on Mac OS X so
> luatex can read them? The unix standard path does not work..

Dear Stef,

you need to put the files under
    [texmf]/fonts/fea/<whatever> (maybe fonts/data/<whatever> would also work)
where [texmf] needs to be a valid tree under your current root of TeX
installation or TEXMFHOME ("texmf in your home folder).

My ConTeXt installation is under ~/context/tex, so I could use
~/context/tex/texmf-local/ or ~/texmf as [texmf].
~/context/tex/texmf-fonts/ is also fine, but texmf-context or just
texmf are not since files might be deleted from those trees during
upgrade.

My MacTeX installation could use /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/ or
~/Library/texmf.

The idea is to make files under TEXMFHOME visible to any given TeX
installation you might use, while TEXMFLOCAL are local additions to
the files provided by distribution (easier to accidentally remove when
you reinstall TeX). I often put files under texmf-local.

Of course you need to run mktexlsr and/or mtxrun --generate after you
add new files.

Mojca

PS: I hope that you were talking about ".fea" files. What exactly do
you mean with "unix standard path"?

* Re: Opentype feature files in Luatex - Mac OS X
@ 2011-02-09 14:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-09 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8-2-2011 9:15, Stef Schoonderwoerd wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just had a quick question, I seem to remember finding the answer
> some while ago, but after searching all day today nothing came up
> anymore:
> what path does one put the opentype feature files on Mac OS X so
> luatex can read them? The unix standard path does not work..

in the minimals, somewhere under one of:

.../fonts/fea
.../fonts/data

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE